Search

fort myers romance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fort myers romance

Finally after 18 years my wife and I are going on a holiday without our great kids!! We will be in Fort Myers the first week of March. Can anyone help me with some romantic ideas ie. restaurants,things to do in the area?Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 07:31 AM

Are you beach people? I love the Tween Waters Inn in Captiva, a stones' throw from Ft. Myers. The hotel/resort is a collection of buildings, some historic cottages, on an open stretch of beach. So you won't feel like you're in the middle of leftover hurricane devestation, which you'll likely view around you when you drive into Captiva in the form of bent trees, disheveled shrubbery, and a general look of vegetative disarray (all the buildings look fine by now). The beach is still absolutely beautiful there and the Tween Waters has its own restaurant. I'd go for at least a couple of days there -- or more!

tween-waters.com
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:25 AM
bamakelly

I second the Tween Waters! We spent our anniversary there a few years ago and LOVED IT. We sat on the wooden beach chairs and wrote love notes to each other. ((V))

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:51 AM

Here's a romantic idea: + =
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 11:44 AM

Also a must do restaurant in the area is the Bubble Room. It may not be romantic per se, but fun and very different - it's a gotta see. Bring your camera and don't forget to order dessert - the cake slices are huge (1/4 of a cake)and yummy! If you like Red Velevt cake, this is your place

FYI..since you are ging to the best place for shelling, don't forget plastic bags to carry your treasures in.

I always found this part of Florida to be very romantic (even without the restaurants) One of our favorite nights is to bring dinner "in" and sit on the balcony at night and watch the lightning storms blow over the gulf. Fort Myers is the "lightning Capital of the world"...so enjoy the show!
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 12:52 PM

In Fort Myers itself: dinner at The Veranda. This is a very nice restaurant in two old houses, very southern in feeling, great piano bar.

http://www.verandarestaurant.com

LMF

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 02:24 PM
bamakelly

The Veranda is so nice, would be a lovely romantic meal. I like the way downtown Ft Myers is starting to shape up; there are a few fun and interesting shops down there you could visit before dinner at the Veranda. I am not sure if it is still open, but the bar called "Shannon" in that same area is open late for an after dinner drink--it is a 20-30 somethings crowd (and up).

Definitely the shelling is so fun! Go to Blind Pass for the best selection--just down the street from Tween Waters!

Also, you could go down to Ft Myers Beach and there are several rental options for water activities. A Dolphin-watching boat ride might be fun.

There is also a sunset dinner cruise that departs from somewhere on Sanibel...maybe from the Sanibel Harbour Resport (?). It's pretty well advertised; once you get down there, I am sure you can find it.

Have a nice time