Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Fort myers FL restaurant recommendations please!

Old Dec 5th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a really good restaurant in Fort Myers? (expense is not really an issue) We're trying to find a really nice restaurant for my in laws for when they go down in march (this would be a xmas gift). Can anyone recommend some places?
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:52 PM

I understand the "Veranda" in downtown Fort Myers is very nice. Have not been there myself but have heard very good reviews. It is in the old historic district of Fort Myers.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Scotia... i'm definitely going to look into that. Can anyone else recommend somewhere or have any opinions on Veranda?
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 11:49 AM

I like Bistro 41 in the Bell Tower Shops. Where are they coming from? Mimi's Cafe is really good but not really upscale. It also is near the Bell Tower Shops.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 11:53 AM

I also meant to add that I have not ate at the Veranda however it is known as the elite place to eat.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 12:19 PM

Is it definitely Ft Myers? I know a number of upscale restaurants in Bonita Springs, down the road a bit.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Well its my in-laws first time really in fort myers so i'm not sure if they'd be willing to go all over the place. But i'm open to suggestions.

Old Dec 7th, 2005, 05:43 AM

A truly great Italian restaurant "Arianas'in Cape Coral very close to the mid point bridge.Enjoy
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 10:34 AM

It might be helpful if you told us WHERE in Ft. Myers your in-laws will be...that way they won't have to go all over the place to eat. There are many good restaurants in the Ft. Myers area...from cheap to very expensive and from so-so to excellent. Help us out please.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

To be honest, i couldn't tell you where in fort myers they'll be. They're renting a condo and thats all i know. I was under the assumption that fort myers is on the small side... i'm guessing that i'm wrong huh? lol
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM
bamakelly

Go with Bistro 41. Veranda is nice but it's all the way downtown. Bistro is at Bell Tower shops and they are SURE to go there (probably more than once) during their stay. It consistently has super food and good service. And it's a fun and trendy place for any age. It's moderately expensive, it won't break the bank.

I've eaten at both lots and lots of times. You won't go wrong with Veranda either but I like Bistro better.

Another favorite among tourists is Prawnbroker. I think they own several restaurants also, so a giftcard there could likely be used at a number of places, giving them an option. They have great food, decent service, but not great atmosphere. Easy location, though and the wait is always long, indicating popularity!

Old Dec 7th, 2005, 07:40 PM
bamakelly

Also, these links (which you will have to cut and paste) for your reference:

The link to Prawnbroker and their chain of restaurants (ALL of them are located in Ft Myers). You can buy gift certificate online as well.
http://www.prawnbroker.com/

And restaurant reviews of several places in the area:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...dDCWkBjEKKP2oL

Old Dec 7th, 2005, 07:55 PM

In Ft Myers Beach we very much like "The Pier" and "The Bridge". Both of these places have delicious seafood.