Reload this Page >

fort lauderdale beach hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:51 AM
paul

Some friends and myself are going to fort lauderdale beach after graduation and were wondering where we could stay that is right on the beach and not very expensive. Somewhere between $80-$100 a night.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 12:08 PM
x

Paul-Try Lauderdale by the Sea or even Pompano Beach. You can find hotels right on the beach within your budget.

Here are their websites:
www.lbts.com
www.pompanobeachchamber.com

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Spider

Try the Holiday Inn at the corner of Sunrise and A1A.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 09:58 AM
JD

If you are kids do not stay in Lauderdale by the sea. There are lots of little hotels right across from the beach and right on the strip where there is lots to see. You should be able to get a room for under $100 at places like the Ramada Inn, Beach Plaza, Howard Johnsons,Sea Chateau, or even Best Western Bahia Cabana or Best Western Oceanside.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Stephanie P.

Paul:

I would not go to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea if you are a young graduate. I love the place because it is quiet and lovely and the greatest kept secret of Florida. Go to Ft. L. and get totally drunk and smashed and leave the LBTS vacationers alone. This town wouldn't put up with rowdy behavior, believe me.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:50 AM
x

Gee Stephanie, isn't that generalizing that all college grads want to drink and party? Maybe Paul and his friends just want to unwind and are not into the heavy partying scene? Ft. Lauderdale anyway is not the party place it was in the 60's and 70's the city cracked down on drunken escapades. Don't judge ALL college students or grads by what you see on MTV...

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Stephanie P.

X:

I don't watch MTV. I work right in the middle of the University of Pittsburgh and see college kids every day. If they are not drunk, they converse in huge groups and are very loud. It doesn't take alcohol to make them annoying.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 11:52 AM
x

Maybe you need a career change Stephanie.