Fort Lauderdale ???

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fort Lauderdale ???

We are taking the Radisson Navigator out of Port Everglades in April. I checked the Marriott Bar Harbor and the Lago Mar resort and they are booked up. We want to go a night or two before we ship out. Two nights sound wonderful.

We have never been there. Any help on where to stay (near ocean would be nice) for eating, shopping and just general sight seeing around town? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 12:08 PM
jd

You may want to try the Marriott Marina.Its a nice hotel right on the intercoastal.You can get on the water taxi there that can take you to shopping and restaurants. If I am not mistaken I think they have exchange privleges with Marriott Harbor Beach,so you can go use their beach and pool facilities. It is only about 1/2 mile away. You could find out if they provide a shuttle.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 03:22 PM

Heanens,

We LOVE staying at the Hyatt Pier 66- it is right on the Intracoastal and a TOWER room has a view of the Ocean and the Intracoastal..

There is also a seafood restaurant, connected to the hotel,on the intracoastal but not OWNED by the hotel.You can sit outside on the intracoastal and it is romantic and will get you in the mood for your cruise...Also the pool area at this hotel is wonderful..very secluded with a guitar player and a waterfall and a small restaurant-all right at the pool--VERY relaxing...

For great dinners and a place to shop, head over to LAS OLAS blvd...

Johnny V
625 E. Las Olas Blvd. Fort Lauderdale
954-761-7920 Expensive

One of our favorite French Restaurants is
Le Cafe de Paris
715 E. Las Olas Blvd. Fort Lauderdale
954-467-2900 Moderate
It has a prix fix menu and their rack of lamb is awesome along with the chocolate ganache tort.
I had my hub's 60th birthday party upstairs there and it was wonderful..WE eat there every time we are down in FL..

and Johnny V's on las olas is to die for:
625 E. Las Olas Blvd. Fort Lauderdale
954-761-7920 Expensive
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 06:53 PM

I second the Marriott Marina. There is a gourgeous, spacious pool area. As the name implies, it's surrounded by marinas on the intercostal waterway and just a few minutes from downtown.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 05:49 AM

Ditto on the Marriott Marina... you'll be able to walk to your ship!!
The best part is that this Marriott has reciprocal agreements with the Marriott on the beach so you can take a free shuttle over there and spend the day if you wish! We loved eating at the 15th Street Fisheries....feed the pelicans there at 5PM daily!