Reload this Page >

Foliage in N Carolina-Color yet?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Jaren

I'd like to go to N Carolina (what city is up to suggestions) to see the foliage in different colors. I realize it may be too soon. Anyone out there, can you tell me what the hotline # is to call to see how the color is? Anyone live somewhere in N. Carolina and can tell me..it;'s a quick getaway for us..one day;but we'd love to see it! Thanks.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Dick

Jaren, the North Carolina Tourist (Visitor) site is www.visitnc.com

It is a little early here. Most of the viewing is directed towards the Blue Ridge Parkway. However, I have lived in Raleigh for 5 1/2 years, and see no reason to go anywhere else.

Almost anywhere in the more Central-to-Western part of North Carolina should provide you with more color than you can imagine.

I would plan on mid October and go for it. We can see the leaves starting to change, but 3 or 4 more weeks will be absolutely spectacular.

Dick

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 03:54 AM
Jaren

Dick, my sincerest thanks. Will do.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 05:06 AM
to

ttt

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 11:52 AM
Samantha

Keep in mind, there aren't the sugar maples down here like up in New England. It's nice, but I've never seen the color down here like up north.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 11:58 AM
Beth

If you are going to the Cherokee NC and Gatlinburg TN areas of the beautiful Smokey Mtns, the third week of October is usually the high point. This is a great area but stay away from the tourist traps and stick to the national park area.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Jaren Another ?

How can I find out if they have maples and the other leaves that turn, over in Cade's
Cove by the Smoky Mountains please?