Reload this Page >

Transportation From LGA Different Now?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 04:41 PM
Paula

After much thought we have decided to respectfully and solemnly go ahead with our October plans for a first time ever trip to New York. If our flight is not cancelled or adjusted, we are to arrive at LGA at approximately 10:30 PM. What is the most appropriate mode of transportation from the airport to the Marriott Marquis at that time of the evening? We are a party of two adults.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 05:37 PM
rqf

Take a taxi. At that time of night the trip will take less than 30 minutes. Cost with tip and toll included will be around $25.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 06:20 PM
carrie

Paula, you sound so sad--I'm sorry. Hope you can regain some of your initial excitement and that you have the best time possible. We are going for the first time in December and I understand your dilemma. Sounds like the New York posters want us to come, though!!

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 08:10 AM
L

Paula, "respectfully" is fine, but please don't feel you must come "solemnly". By respectfully, I mean of course no whooping it up at the WTC site. But, other than that, please come and have fun and don't feel you must be solemn or downcast. The city is getting back on it's feet and we need your excitement and enthusiasm. There are a lot of great things to do here, and please enjoy them to their utmost; smile and laugh without feeling guilty.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 08:54 AM
L/Leone

Suddendly there are two "L's" ... the one in DC did not post the message above. Could you please find yourself another Letter ... I don't own it, but I do use it. Many thanks, and Ciao

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 09:24 AM
lorrraine

A cab should be easiest at that time of night there should be no traffic and it should take about 30 mins to get to your hotel. The fare will probably be $25-30 and depending on the driver, they may charge you for your luggage.