florida vacation destination

Feb 28th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

florida vacation destination

My husband and I want to vacation the end of April in Florida.We are in our mid 40's. We have been in Orlando, Naples, West palm beach, the Keys, Fort Myers, Captiva ,Sannibel. We are looking for some place new to visit. We want to be on a beach, and have fine dining near. Any help would be appreciated.
Feb 28th, 2007, 06:31 PM

My DH and I were crew on a sailboat down the ICW. During the time we sailed through St. Augustine, we kept saying, "We gotta come back here someday!" The views of this city from the water are amazing--and from posters here, there seem to be lots of good food and things to do!
Feb 28th, 2007, 06:32 PM
wow

The obvious choice wld be Ft. Lauderdale.
I am not too creative tonight so maybe somebody else can help w/ the less obvious!
Feb 28th, 2007, 06:42 PM

We personally like St Pete's beach but I think that has a lot to do with some favorite little restaurants in the area. It tend to be touristy depending on the area you are in . St augustine is very pretty and very different than the other places you listed. It is a bit more old world. We just did a day trip there but thought it would be a nice area to go back to in the future.
Which area have you liked best - gulf or Atlantic - that would have bearing on future choices. We prefer the gulf side.
Feb 28th, 2007, 06:47 PM

Try the northwestern part of the state up in the handle.

The white sand around the Panama City area is nice that time of year.
Mar 30th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

We are still looking. Many places are booked for our dates (May 4-11) We are open toany place at this point as long as we are on a beach with a view.