Search

Florida Keys

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 11:43 AM
Emily

Florida Keys

My husband and I are planning a long weekend to the Key Largo Marriott Resort in June. Can anyone give us some ideas about the best snorkeling and restaurants? Also, what day would be the best day to take a day trip to Key West? Thanks!!

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 01:09 PM
Captain J T Kirk

At Key Largo you have the best place to go snorkling - John Pennekamp State Park. Although it's the same reef that runs the entire length of the Keys it's protected at Pennekamp and tends to be in better shape, prettier fish, less scarred coral. You can rent a boat and go out on your own, or you can go out on a "group" snorkling boat. Depends on your preference and abilities. Probably, no "good" day to go to Key West. But I'd think in the middle of the week there might be fewer South Floridians down that way.
Have fun

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 03:38 PM
Maxine

Restaurants I like in Islamorada are the Coral Grill, Manny & Isa's (really small place, Cuban flavor with great Key Lime Pie and the Islamaroda Fish Company. You might want to spend a day at Bahia Honda State Park, nice beach. It is located on the other side of the 7 mile bridge.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 03:56 AM
Larry

Emily- search this forum. Someone asked the exact same question a month or so ago. Enjoy the Keys!

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 09:02 AM
emily

Thanks for your responses. We have some good ideas, and can't wait to get there!

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 08:25 AM
Uche

Hi Emily,
I'm a single 26 year old woman and I went to Key Largo last February.
I stayed at the Westin Hotel in Key Largo and I must say it is probably the best hotel in Key Largo. It was really much nicer than the brochure (which as you may know is a rare). I agree with Captain J T Kirk, Key Largo does have the best place to go snorkling - John Pennekamp State Park. The Westin Hotel also has water sports activities available such as Parasailing, Wave Runner renatls etc. I had a wonderful time in Key Largo. If you get the chance, I would give from Key Largo to Key west since the senery is simply beautiful. Key West is also known for ther beautiful sunsets. I know you and your husband will have a great time.