Search

Days Inn Key West

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 09:59 AM
Natalie Hilton

Days Inn Key West

My sister-in-law and myself are taking the kids for three days in June. Does anyone know if this is a clean and safe place?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:26 PM
Max

I don't know about the Days Inn, but I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Suites. The Suites are across the street from the Fairfield Inn on North Roosevelt Blvd. They were new and very nice. We had a one bedroom suite with a seperate living room with a fold out bed, 2 tvs. vcr, refrigerator and microwave. They have larger suites available. Pool and free continental breakfast across the street. When you call for info ask for the suites rate across the street. It was a nice safe area. The crime rate in Key West is relatively low. Have fun!

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 02:09 PM
Ruth

Over last New Year's we had reservations at the Days Inn. We drove up and couldn't believe our eyes -- construction everywhere, no pool to be seen. We hopped next door to the Comfort Inn and got a room there, fortunately. I would definitely check whether the construction is finished. The other thing to take into consideration is that that row of hotels on N. Roosevelt Blvd. is right at the entrance to the island, a bit too far to walk to downtown.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 02:51 PM
susan

For sheer convenience, staying in Old Town can't be beaten. There are all manner and prices of hotels and B&Bs there...I'd sure look into one of them.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 05:59 PM
san

It was a dump last year(March).We stayed there because it was the least expensive place I could find, also my daughter`s friend stayed there before on Spring Break and she said it was okay! That should have sent up a red flag right away.Stay downtown if you can afford it.It was about $125 a night at the Day`s Inn at that time but I`m sure it`s less in the summer.It`s always prime at Spring Break($$$).It is safe around that area.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 08:38 AM
Uche

Hi Natalie,
I took a sole trip to the Sheraton Key West last October when I was 25. Even though I haven't been to the Day Inn Key West I would high recommend that you look into the Sheraton Key West. It is about 10 minutes drive from duval street(the main strip), but the hotel offers complimentary rides to Duval street. The Sheraton offered excellent service and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. They also offer complimentary rides to and from the Key West airport which is about 10 minutes away . I wouldn't recommend renting a car in Key west but if you have one, the Sheraton Key west also offers complimentary parking. There is so much to do in Key West such as Snorkelling, Parasailing, renting a WaverRunner etc.
The Sheraton Key West also rents out scotters and bicycles. The sheraton Key West is also right across the beach. Have fun