Search

Florida Keys

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Barbara

Florida Keys

We are thinking of going to the Florida Keys in January with two children. We like a fairly nice hotel. Has anyone stayed at the Hawks Cay or Resort at Longboat Key Club recently?

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 06:51 AM
kevin

About 4 years ago my wife and I took our two kids to Cheeca Lodge in Islemarada. It was an excellent place to stay.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Owen O'Neill

Unless my search info is incorrect, you're actually asking about two drastically different geographic locations. Hawks Cay is in "the Keys" south of Miami - a sort of subtropical atmosphere and somewhere on the way down towards Key West. The Longboat Key Club that I'm aware of is on Longboat Key in the Gulf of Mexico just offshore from the Bradenton/Sarasota area. Also a very nice area but very much different than "the Keys" and not nearly as warm in January because it's many hours further north.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 07:38 AM
J T Kirk

Hawk's Cay is just off Marathon, on Duck Key. It's nice and big and has lots to offer families, eg, watersports, pool(s), tennis, golf, boats, etc.
I'm not sure about the other place you're asking about.
May I ask - why Marathon?

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 01:32 PM
Celeste

If you tell us the ages of the kids, what type of activities you're looking for, and whether you want to be in the Florida Keys (which extend 110 miles southwest of Miami) or on Longboat Key (off Sarasota on the west coast of Florida), we'll probably be able to help you a lot more.