Search

Florida in November

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida in November

Ive got flights booked into Miami at the end of November and dont mind abit of driving. I have been to Florida several times but only in the very well known places. Can anyone suggest anywhere less common for me to stay this time?
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 05:15 PM
GoTravel

So where in Florida have you been? What I considered well known you may consider off the beaten path.

What are your interests?

What is your budget?

How long is your trip?

One of my favorite things to do in Florida is drive up A1A from Miami to Jacksonville.

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 06:02 PM

Have you been to St. Augustine? Although well known it is very beautiful and full of things to do.
If you want somewhat remote but very nice, Cedar Key would be a great place.
It's more of a "couple of nights" place, but very nice especially if your looking for peace and quiet.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Original Poster

GoTravel, you are quite right. I am English and coming over for 10 days with an average budget. Well known to me are places like Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Sarasota and Clearwater / St Petes etc. tcapp is on the money with suggestions like St Augustine and Cedar Key because Ive never heard of them.
For the record my interests are unsophiscated. I just love being in the USA, particularly when the sun is out because of our gloomy winter weather.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:42 AM
GoTravel

David, what about renting a convertable and driving up A1A? You can stop someplace and buy a cheap cooler and beach chair and stop when a beach strikes your fancy.

Palm Beach is fun and Rybovich Spencer a custom yacht builder gives tours on Thursdays. The Palm Beach Trail runs behind the millionaire mansions in front of Lake Worth and if very fun to walk.

Much of Floridas coast is undeveloped and has access to the public.

There are some very beautiful areas of Florida that aren't very popular. It is impressive to watch the kite surfers in Melbourne.

Have you been to Kennedy Space Center?

New Smyrna Beach is a lovely little town.

You could drive and stop and spend the night wherever strikes your fancy. Except for Thanksgiving, November is low season. Good deals are everywhere.

You could drive A1A from Miami to Jacksonville (St. Augustine is just south of JAX) and would be a wonderful 8 or 9 day leisurely trip.

Driving JAX back to Miami would be an easy 6 hour drive down I-95.

Old Aug 31st, 2004, 11:35 AM

I'm also planning a trip to Florida in November, mostly staying in Orlando and Miami for some shopping. I'm trying to figure out the best places/parks to visit since I'll be around 4 months pregnant (no rides for me..!) I found out there is the Titanic exhibition in Orlando so that's a must see..but can anyone suggest other attractions? I've been to Orlando 4 times already so I pretty much know all the parks including Islands of Adventure and the KSC. I've also been to St. Augustine but find it is a somewhat long drive from Orlando..any suggestions?