Florida in March -- trip ideas?

Old Feb 13th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida in March -- trip ideas?

My fiancee and I, both in our late 20s, are thinking about taking a three-day weekend trip to Florida in late March. Our goal is to find a nice hotel on a nice beach near some decent nightlife. We'd like to spend no more than $200/$250 a night.
We've been to South Beach and love it. But I'm having trouble finding anything there in our price range that fits this criteria.
Are there other places in Florida we should be considering? Suggestions?
Many thanks for the help!
Kelly
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 08:27 PM

For about that amount of money you could take a Fri-Monday cruise - several leaving from FLL or MIA - I know RCCL is one of the cruise lines. Itinerary generally includes a stop at Nassau, cruiselines "private island" and then back to port.
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 10:38 AM

If you are finding places available then you should book them. That is a really popular time in FL.

The night life prerequisite can be a problem. What kind of night life do you want? Something upscale? Most of the beaches have low-scale nightlife, unlike upscale Miami.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Tandoori,
It doesn't have to be too upscale, but we like to go out to bars or clubs. Basically we just like to have some nightlife available.
Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Stay in St. Pete/Clwr. area. Any of the retro places in Treasure Island would be great. There's lots to do in the area. For night life you could go to Ybor City. Or there are places for music in St. Pete, Tampa, etc. It's a major metropolitan area, you know. Lots to do. Check the Sheraton Sand Key. The Island Inn Resort on TI. The Don CeSar in St. Pete.

You might also try Siesta Key -- but there won't be much in the way of nightlife. Very low key.