Before Cruise out of Tampa

Old Aug 16th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Before Cruise out of Tampa

Would like to spend 5 days before cruise. Thinking of St. Petersburg or Anna Marie Island. It would be end of February.so maybe too cold for beach. We've been to and enjoyed Longboat and Naples. Would 5 days be too much in downtown St.. Petersburg?.Should we consider Ft. Meters? Thanks so much for your advice.
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 06:13 AM

Have you thought about Sarasota? Lots to do and lovely beaches. You mention Longboat Key, so Sarasota itself, Siesta Key or Lido Key would be a change and my choice. I don't think don't think Fort Myers is as nice as the Sarasota and it's longer drive. I don't know St. Pete we'll enough to comment, though I do love to visit the Dali Museum and the Pink Palace on the beach (Don Cesar) is beautiful.
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 10:52 AM

Vivian,

Would you want to stay in one place or travel around a little bit? St. Pete is great. You can comfortably go there for about two days. Key West can be gorgeous as well!

Last edited by Moderator3; Aug 19th, 2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Removed what looks like an ad
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

I will look into Sarasota, Siesta and Lido Key. Thank you. What about Anna Maria Island? We are in our mid-seventies and don't really need tee-shirt shops or adventure rides. LOL! I think 2-3 nights in St. Petersburg for the museums and then on to one of the suggestions.you have made.
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

We did stay in Islamorada and Key West. Thanks
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 04:47 AM

I haven't visited Anna Maria Island, but I think it has a beachy vibe, which could be fun. If you are in Sarasota on a Monday visit the Ringing.
Every Monday the Museum of Art, including special exhibition galleries and the grounds are free to the public. (Regular admission pricing applies if you wish to visit the Circus Museum or Ca’d’Zan, but I've never done so! ) I love to walk around the grounds and sit outside the Mansion hoping to see dolphins. The Asian Galleries are wonderful. Get there early to avoid parking problems.