Florida Beach Early March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a quick Florida get away in early March. Looking for beach R & R. Coming from Minnesota so will all be warm for us. We have done the Naples/Bonita/Sanibel trip several times also have done the keys so looking for something new. A friend recommended St. Joseph's Peninsula. Looks like we could find a VRBO reasonable, but these friends haven't been there for 20+ years so I need some updated info. Looks great in the pictures...! We like the idea of the preserve-- but how are the beaches. Restaurants near by? We aren't locked in here so any other suggestions considered.
Old Jan 30th, 2018, 05:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Up to you but coming all,that way and from all that cold I'd go as far south as possible but regardless, enjoy your stay wherever it turns out to be. I think Captiva is heaven and I live in Florida already.
Old Jan 30th, 2018, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northern Florida can be pretty chilly that time of year, or it might be pleasantly warm - it's a gamble. Have you considered St. Pete Beach (or nearby)? It's a very nice beach, and there's a lot to do in that area. The Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg is spectacular, worth visiting for the architecture alone (but Dali's art is amazing). The Morean Arts Center has a permanent Chihuly exhibit - I haven't been there, but would love to go. There's a lovely botanical garden in St. Petersburg. There are also some very nice nature preserves near St. Pete Beach. You could fly into and out of nearby Tampa - I don't believe there are any major airports near St. Joseph's Peninsula, so getting there from Minnesota could be challenging and time consuming.