Reload this Page >

Flight attendant who frequently flies into NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 01:11 PM
kate

Many of you on this site have helped with with my plans during my layovers in NYC-again, I ask your help. For the first time I will be flying to EWR since 9.11.01 and I want or better yet, need, to go to the city. My question is, do I take the bus to Penn Station or where? then can you plan out a walk for me to take to as close as I can get to the WTC (you all know it will always be the WTC, not where the WTC "used to be")

thanks, be safe, and please keep flying---Kate

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 05:30 PM
alan

I've never done it from the airport, but you should be able to get a bus to the port authority bus terminal, and catch sthe subway down to the southern end of manhattan. I just don't know if I could go there yet myself

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Lois

There are good connections from Newark to Port Authority in Manhattan. That is between 8th and 9th Ave. Someone there will be able to direct you to either a bus or which subway to take. It's actually easier to get to Manhattan from Newark than JFK.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Phil

Kate,
Right now, traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel is a mess. The police have been doing random vehicle searches and the Holland Tunnel is closed. Until that tunnel opens, I'd avoid the bus.
My recommendation is for you to take the New Jersey Transit Bus to the Newark Train Station. From there, you can take the Path Train.

You will need to connect at Journal Square for a train into the City. You can get off at Christopher St. From there, it is about a mile walk.

Good luck.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 06:54 PM
rqf

The area around the WTC is closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic. You will not be able to get anywhere near the WTC.

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 02:50 AM
kate

thanks to all - be safe and keep flying