Flagstaff or Tucson?

Search

Flagstaff or Tucson?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flagstaff or Tucson?

About 3-7 couples interested in spending a few days (4 or5). Flagstaff or Tucson? People seem to like Tucson and seems to be a lot to do in the area. Any recommendations for places to stay that could accomodate that many people? B and B might be nice if large enough. Suggestions?
any help appreciated. Helen
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 08:33 PM

Flagstaff is a convenient location to get to other places, but as a destination location? I would say no.

Why not Sedona? It would be a fabulous destination location for several couples.
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 08:47 PM

Really depends on the time of year. I wouldn't go to Tucson in the summer or Flag in the winter (unless you ski).
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 08:51 PM

For a destination Tucson is certainly the best spot to be. There is so much to do and see in the area and it is a really delightful city. Here is a website for a spectacular B&B that would accommodate your group. It is a bit on the pricy side though but for your group size most B&B's have only 4 to 6 rooms.
http://www.zarzuela-az.com/
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 06:04 AM
syd

I second La Zarzuela! Stayed there about a year ago and am still yearning to return. The hosts are amazing. I think it would be excellent to book the whole place. Great location too.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 06:59 AM

The JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort in Tucson is excellent. They also have some villas for rent [can't think of exact name of villas] down by golf course & clubhouse. Perhaps someone here can come up with the name.

We were at Starr Pass in July and really loved it. Check out the great reviews at tripadvisor.com

The hotel is new and has terrific restaurants.

I liked Flagstaff because it is like a "big"city to me [compared to where I live] and there are some nice things to do there and good restaurants too. But it is cold there in winter with quite a bit of snow at times!

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 07:08 AM

Here are the golf villas:

http://www.shellvacationsclub.com/Ge...n.event?fac=42

Debi
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your help; will check these places out. Sounds like Tucson will be a good bet.
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 07:04 AM

You haven't said when you will be traveling. If you do decide on Tucson, I have a pretty good list of things to see and do all around southern Arizona on my blog. It is the second post on the page.

http://www.mikepintucson.blogspot.com/
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 12:01 PM

MikePin that is a great blog. We have a winter home in Green Valley. One thing that I would add to your list that has been a real hit with visitors is the Santa Cruz Chile & Spice Factory. I don't know if you have been there or not but a visit even if you don't cook is really interesting. Just in case you don't know about it I think this website http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/santacruz.asp is better than their own. Has the pictue of the factory. A real step back in time not to mention the wonderful fresh spices and the aroma of smoked chilis!!
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM

T-69,

I don't know how I could have forgotten that. We stop by their store new Tumacacori whenever we go to Nogales. Great products, including a very nice Chile BBQ sauce. Thanks for the link. I will go add it to my blog.
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 05:22 PM

Flagstaff has the advantage of being easy to do day trips to Grand Canyon and to Sedona. You might check with the university in Flagstaff to see where they send their visitors - there might be offseason campus housing available very economically.