Flagler, New Smyrna or Ormond Info Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to relax for a week, someplace not too noisy or overcrowded at the end of Feb. Anyone who's stayed at any of these beaches in East Florida lately, please give me a recommendation! Clean, comfortable and safe is all that I really require.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 02:28 AM

We used to go to New Smyrna beach a lot when the children were younger; we loved the small town atmosphere and the privately owned shops and restaurants (not chains)-
the condo rentals were fantastic.

Be aware that there is vehicle access on the beach since it leads to Daytona; rarely saw trucks but it happened once or twice on weekends.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 04:11 AM

My sister lived in NSB for years and now lives in Ormond. I like them both but Ormond has the edge for me.

NSB is more isolated from the Daytona area as you have to go to US1 to go around the inlet. But has beautiful beaches and some good restaurants.

Ormond has all of the above but on A1A you can get to Daytona and Flagler Beach-more restaurants to pick and a good fishing pier & rest (Snack Jacks).

Be aware that BikeWeek starts Feb. 27 and the prices go UP.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:59 AM
GoTravel

The Riverview Inn on Flagler avenue in New Smyrna Beach is excellent!

NSB is a wonderful little quaint beach town. The inn gives you bikes so you can explore the town and also breakfast comes with the room rate.

Had an excellent dinner at the restaurant behind the hotel. There is also a good Italian place on Flagler and a fish camp down the island.

Old Feb 5th, 2004, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our room at the Driftwood Motel, Ormond beach was on the small side, but they had some larger ones that were full-up at the time. Nice beach location right at the water.

In Flagler I think we had the oceanview room at the little Flagler Beach Motel which was clean, but no phones.