Fix the board please

Jan 25th, 2002, 12:47 PM
rqf

Fix the board please

For the past week or so I have had trouble accessing the board. The screen appears but messages do not. Sometimes, after posting a reply to a message I try to get back to the messages. Too often I am not successful. Anyone else having this problem.

Jan 25th, 2002, 12:49 PM
TT

This has happened to me repeatedly, I have found that if I close the site, exit MS Explorer, then bring Explorer back up and go back to the site it would work.

Jan 25th, 2002, 12:50 PM
George

Yep. Don't know what the problem is. Just thought I was posting the first answer to a question earlier. But when it showed up, I was number 3.

I don't worry about it. Just go all the way back out and come back in. I do have a cable modem, though--the time is negligible.

Jan 25th, 2002, 12:55 PM
xxx

Here's another trick that works for me in IE. Click on "post new message", don't type anything in the boxes, just click on "post" and you'll get a pop-up error message. Hit "Travel Talk Home", then "United States" forum. For some reason, the topic headers are always there after I perform that ritual.

Jan 25th, 2002, 01:07 PM
rqf

Thanks for the prompt replies - good to know I am not the only one having problems. I have tried the solutions mentioned and they work but, obviously, there is a problem the board managers should correct. It is a nuisance having to exit and re-enter or go the Post a new message route. Hope that after I post this message I get back to the board.