Search

Fitger's in Deluth

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 1998, 07:12 AM
Shelly Reichel

Fitger's in Deluth

Is anyone familiar with Fitger's Hotel in Deluth, MN? We are considering making this one of our stops on our way back from Montana. We are headed through the UP of Michigan.

Old Jun 13th, 1998, 07:15 AM
Shelly Reichel

Just realized that I spelled "Duluth" wrong! Shelly

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 04:08 PM
Linda

I've never stayed in the hotel, but Fitgers is a mall type structure that used to be a brewery. It now houses a lot of neat little shops and restaurants. Another thing to consider when staying in Duluth is to stay in Canal Park. There are a few hotels there, a Park Inn and a Hampton Inn to name a few. You'll be close to a lot of activities such as the lakewalk, and lots of restaurants. I'd highly recommend it.

Old Jul 3rd, 1998, 02:43 AM
Dii

We have stayed at Fitger's in Duluth (in an old brewery with shops and restaurants attached) and we enjoyed it very much. Has a B & B atmosphere. Other nice hotels in Duluth are in Canal Park (also right on the water and the Lake Walk. We like Inn on the Lake and Hampton Inn. There is also Comfort Suites andsome new ones I don't remember. Duluth has done lots with it's harbor area and has lots to see. I think you would enjoy it. WE will be there 7/30/98 and can't wait.

Old Jul 7th, 1998, 08:43 AM
Kirby

Fitger's is o.k., but make your reservations early! I would avoid the Park Inn, but the Inn on the Lake is excellent.