First timer in West Palm beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a vacation to the West Palm Beach area. I will be traveling with my wife and infant daughter. Basically looking to rest and relax and do some site seeing. Don't know which hotels are good, looking for a hotel on the beach, clean and safe and not too noisy. What would you recommend interms of a family hotel? Thanks in advance!!!!
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 10:32 AM
GoTravel

May I suggest getting out of West Palm Beach and heading to Palm Beach if you want to enjoy the ocean.

Also, Boca Raton, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, and Singer Island are also very nice and in the immidiate vicinity.

For fun, take a water taxi ride on Lake Worth. You can pick it up on Singer Island. Check out the manatees in the warm water off the Sugar plant. Take a tour of Rybovich Spencer or Peanut Island.

Hotels tend to be very upscale in this area. Good family hotels; Boca Raton Resort & Spa, The Breakers Resort, Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach. A little less pricey would be Colony Hotel, Marriott Delray Beach, Radisson Bridge Resort of Boca and the Hilton Singer Island.

Old Sep 29th, 2003, 11:39 AM

GoTravel's given you excellent advice. If you look on a map you'll see West Palm is not on the ocean.

You might also want to consider Fort Lauderdale. The nicest large hotels there on the beach are Lago Mar & Marriott Harbor Beach. There are also some smaller places in Lauderdale by the Sea.
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Would anyone recommend the Resident Inn Marriot Delray. I think it is close to the Marriot Delray beach?
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:52 AM

The reviews here sound very good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...h_Florida.html

This place is evidently newer than the other Marriott. The rooms at the Residence Inn have kitchenettes which will come in handy with the baby. There has been a mention here that there were 2 Marriotts in Delray. I didn't realize this was it. I think Delray is a good location. It's an easy drive north to West Palm & Palm Beach or a fairly quick drive south to Boca Raton. The main street in downtown Delray (Atlantic Ave.) has one restaurant after another. I think you'd like it.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:59 AM

I highly suggest that you check out Lago Mar in Fort Lauderdale. A few years ago we took our then very young child there for a long weekend and had a great time.
It's a beautiful property directly on the beach. Not to large but has everything you could need for a nice getaway. www.lagomar.com
Have fun!