Reload this Page >

First Time in the Keys

Search

First Time in the Keys

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 04:37 PM
Linda from NJ

First Time in the Keys

We are going to the keys in April and want to stay in a centeral location or more towards Key West. Has anyone stayed at the Hawks Cay Resort. Or can you recommend any other resorts or hotels.

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 04:51 PM
susan

Hawks Cay gets mixed reviews. Some people love it and others complain that their accommodations were disappointing or under construction. If I were you, I'd stay in Key West, which can offer you lots of tourist attractions, restaurants, but also peace and quiet.

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 01:48 PM
Natalie

I'm not sure about Hawk's Cay, but if your not big drinkers/partiers and more into water activities I would stay in Islamorada. There's still a fun atmosphere at the Tiki Bar at Holiday Isle, but there's more to offer in terms of fishing, jet skiing etc. It depends what your in to.

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 07:19 AM
Chuck

Sorry to disagree with you Natalie, but Holiday Isle has a reputation as a party place for the younger set. I would stay at the Moorings in Islamaroda.

Old Nov 26th, 2000, 02:33 AM
james

If you want to party, get down to Key West - it's wonderful. We stay at the Casa Marina which is 10 minutes from the centre of town, but there are loads of hotels in the middle of town - mostly pretty reasonable.