Santa Barbara Holiday

Nov 25th, 2000, 12:24 PM
Steve

Santa Barbara Holiday

My family (gorgeous wife, knockout daughter and super-intelligent me) are coming to California in August 2001. Look out America!
Only kidding! We're seasoned visitors to the United States and love to keep coming back.
Next year it's California. We've booked all our hotels except for Santa Barbara - where everywhere seems to be very expensive (we're staying Fri, Sat,Sun).
Any suggestions for hotels/motels either in SB or close by, at $150 per room per night or less?
All the suggestions I've seen so far (Biltmore, Four Seasons, Hotel Santa Barbara, Fess Parker's, etc) will cost us at least $600 for 1 room for 3 nights.

Try your best!

Thanks,

Steve

Nov 25th, 2000, 07:26 PM
Helpful

Steve, if you don't need the swimming pool, whirlpools, ocean front or view, etc., here's a website for a more modest place to stay. It's a small place, some rooms have small but complete kitchens, others have just a micro, fridge. Good quality photos of rooms, etc.

http://www.theeagleinn.com/

Nov 25th, 2000, 07:41 PM
Helpful

Here's a website for a larger hotel with more amenities, but no kitchen which will save you money in the long run. It is a suite hotel and the prices right now are $135-165 -- who knows how much they will raise them for 2001, so this is at the top of your range. You can e-mail them for rates/availability.

http://www.pacificasuites.com/

Nov 25th, 2000, 08:16 PM
Louis

We can recommend a place with one of the best downtown locations that has ample comfort and a modest price in the range of $85 to $170 for two and suites in the range of $135 - $200. There is a 10% discount for auto club memebers so you might as well ask for the AAA rate. It has a nice central pool, undergound parking and it includes a continental breakfast. It is a large advantage to walk from here to the museum and all of the stores and restaurants. There is a tourist bus that goes up an down State St., the main street in town, for something like .25 or .50 per person, I can't remember. With this you can get all of the way down to the wharf. If you want to be near the beach you might try the Old Yacht Club Inn a B&B in the $105 to $190 price range with full breakfast.
www.elprado.com www.oldyachtclubinn.com
There are others in your price range either near the beach, in the hills or in the outskirts of town.

Nov 26th, 2000, 09:30 AM
steve

Thanks "Helpful" and "Louis".

I've just e-mailed the motels/inns you've suggested, so I'll hopefully get fixed up with one of them soon.

It was kind of you to help,

Steve