Fire Island accomodations

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Chris

Fire Island accomodations

My girlfriend and I are thinking about a weekend on Fire Island in Aug or early Sept. Any recommedations for places to stay. Not looking for top shelf but also not looking for economy. Thx.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 10:10 AM
me

You may want to consider another spot. Fire Island is mostly seasonal, maybe monthly or weekly rentals. There aren't any hotels that I know of, maybe some guesthouses.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 06:40 AM
mj

Chris,
Pretty slim chances of finding anything available but try:
http://www.fireisland.com
and look at rentals link. You might have better luck w/a B&B or hotel.
hth,

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Jim

There's a place called the Fire Island Hotel that has a variety of room types, a pool, restaurant and a short walk over the dunes to the beach. I think it's in Ocean Bay Park or Ocean Beach but I can't remember.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:35 AM
NYGirl

Which community? The Pines,Fair Harbor,Ocean Beach,most likely you do not want to go to Cherry Grove,the all gay community.
There are few hotels,mostly houses to rent for the season.
And by now everything is rented,and booked.Sept you might have a chance as some people leave at Labor Day.
Good luck.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Kid

Yes. which part of FI are you planning on staying in. If you are going to be going to Ocean beach (which is where a lot of ppl go), I recommend "Jerry's Accommodations". I have heard many good things about them from the locals or you could try "Seasons" (I think it was formerly known as the Four Seasons). If you go to fireisland.com, they will have the telephone numbers of both places.
Hope this helps.