Search

Finnochio's, SFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 12:53 PM
Pat

Finnochio's, SFO

Has anyone been to this nightclub? Cover charge? Would greatly appreciate any input!

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 06:10 PM
Pat

Has anyone been to Finnochio's nightclub in San Francisco? Is it worth it? Any cover charge?

Thanks for help.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 05:06 AM
Homer

A long-time hangout for cross-dressers and other wierdos. If someone puts a hand on your thigh, chances are it's a man. No matter how he is dressed.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 05:44 AM
Dawn

Finochio is an Italian slang word for homosexual, so it may possibly be a gay bar. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 09:09 PM
Kate

Born and raised in the SF Bay Area and finally got to Finocchio's when my daughter took me for my birthday 3 yrs ago. As I recall prices were reasonable. (I think the admission was around $12). They have valet parking. The atmosphere is very dated, nothing fancy. That night the audience appeared to be middle class, heterosexual adults. The female impersonators put on a good, fun filled campy show involving the audience. Finocchio's is entertaining to visit once.

Old Oct 23rd, 1999, 08:04 AM
Alfreda

I was at Finnochio's in November 1996.
It cost me $14.50 a person. Show times
were 8:30, 10 and 11:30pm. They
started seating at 7:45 for the 8:30 show. Most people in line were heterosexual couples. It is a show of singing, impersonations, and comedy by cross dressers. I am a middle age
woman and was not offended in anyway.
I found it entertaining and humorous
for a one time only event.

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 10:30 AM
pat

Oct. 25/99

Thanks all! That is the information I wanted!