Search

Finally lv for Kauai next week!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2004, 11:34 PM
j12
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally lv for Kauai next week!

We've had this booked now for almost a yr & its finally almost here! Any last minute tips on the restaurant The Beach House? Looking for great food with a great view for our 5th anniversary. We're staying at the Kauai Coast Resort in Kapaa. Thanks!
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 01:47 AM

Have fun in Kauai! I don't have a tip about the Beach House, but you do need to take lots of film/digital storage for pictures. I think Kauai is the most beautiful of the islands. Happy anniversary!
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:04 AM

We just got back 3 weeks ago. We stayed at Poipu Beach. Kauai is a nice place! Make sure you leave time to "stop & smell the flowers"!!!!! The Noodle House in Kapaa is awesome!! Just a hole in the wall, but outstanding noodles!! Worth the stop!!
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:21 AM
iceeu2

Happy Anniversary..you are going to love Kauai.
If you are absolutely sold on going to The Beach House for dinner, be certain to be there for sunset.

Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 06:44 AM

Have a fabulous time. Best wishes for lots of and .
-Bill
246 days left until 8-)!
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:28 AM
iceeu2

oh, my, bill....just a tad ahead of you. We leave in 172 days!
j12..be sure to go to Hamarua's Saimin..yummy! Finish with pie!
...i2

Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:38 AM

And 194 days for us! (It's been 6 years since we've been to Kauai!)
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:48 AM

Hi My husband and I had dinner at The Beach House when we were in Kauai last month. WE got there in time to see a beautiful sunset. we also had a wonderfully sinful chocolate dessert. I can't remember the name but the waitress will know what it is. They ahve a house photographer that will take your picture and you can buy it later if you like it or you can decline. We thought the picure of us was very good so purchased it. You will love it on Kauai there is stunning scenery around every curve of the road.
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 12:34 PM

We were at the Beach House for sunset in June and had a wonderful time. They open up all the glass so it's open air and you can wander out onto the lawn which juts right up to the water. The chocolate souffle was outstanding, as were the crab cakes and pretty much every other (expensive) morsel we had!

I would make sure you get a reservation early enough if you want sunset, but I can't imagine the week AFTER Thanksgiving is that crowded??

love
roxy

love
roxy
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 12:41 PM
Kal

OK OK OK OK...one more time...
"Kauai is so over rated and why anyone goes there is beyond me..."

THIRTY SIX MO' DAZE!!!
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 01:20 PM

Boo. 96 More days for me. But at least I'm down in double digits! Wahoo!

Is my memory failing me? I seem to remember people knocking the Beach House lately, and because of that we were thinking about skipping it. Is it worth a stop (and the price), or is there somewhere else better? We're already planning on Tidepools for one night.

Jen
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 01:40 PM
Kal

Jen,
We'll let you know in about 58 days.

j12,
If you're staying at KCR in Kapaa, why not try Huki Lau, Coconuts, Lemon Grass or Kintaros. Not even as good a view as the Beach House but still good food.
Nice garden view from the patio at Huki Lau.

Lobster raviolis at Coconuts...
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:05 PM

Don't forget the seafood cigars at Coconuts and chicken nuggets at Pono Market !
-Bill
245.5 and counting!
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
iceeu2

aw geez....if everyone else is going to kick in with their favorite restaurants, it would not be nice of me to fail to tell you to for sure check out LaPlayita Azul.
ok, bill, if that's the way you want to play...it's now only 171.5 for me!
Also, I checked out the website Sushi Blues and it appears to be a place that would really appeal to us old folk!

Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 10:22 PM

New Kapa`a restaurant worth visiting is Wahoo's (next door to L&L Drive Inn; next to the coconut grove that usually has goats in it). S-l-o-w service and a big nothing view, but the food...oh the food! Fresh, fresh fish perfectly prepared and it looks too good to eat (but do!!).

Sunday nights, 7PM, traditional Hawaiian music in the bar by very talented local musicians.

Re: Beach House
As a local, I can tell you that the most common complaint about the restaurant is that service & food are "variable". I don't know about you, but when I'm paying $$$ for dinner, I expect $$$ food and $$$ service.

Lovely views, though!
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 11:06 PM
j12
Original Poster

Thank you all for the other restaurant ideas! I think we will go with Wahoo's instead!! I appreciate it.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 05:45 AM

Only 101 days for me. How far is the beach house restaurant from the hyatt. Besides the Beachhouse and Tidepools where else to go. What about the seafood buffet at the princeville. Is it not worth it. Bruce
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 10:50 AM

From Hyatt to Beach House is about 5 minutes by car...just at the other end of Po`ipu area.

In the Po`ipu shopping center you can dine at Keoki's Paradise or Roy's (pricey, but usually worth it). Across the street is Plantation Garden Restaurant, and down the road is Brennecke's (good for grilled fresh fish at dinner).

As a resident -- who loves to eat out, but doesn't always want 4-star dining -- I can recommend anything from Roy's, to Burger King!
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 04:19 AM

Onl 52 days till we leave...auntimarie, have you heard of Cafe Portofino?? Is it still around??
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 10:38 AM

PamConlan:

Oh yes -- it's where we go when we want really good Italian food (and their antipasto platter is dee-licious!).

Still in Nawiliwili area, but they moved across the street and are now upstairs above Duke's Canoe Club at the Marriott. Open for lunch now (yay!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -