Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Finally blowing the dough on "O" - Best place to sit?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2001, 10:59 AM
lynn

Greetings all -

For a long time I've thought you guys are nuts for spending that much money on a show in Vegas but, after hearing from literally everyone I've ever talked to (and reading here) how great it is, I decided to go for it.

We have reservations on a Sunday night in August at Bellagio (the 12th) so I want to book the show this Friday. Hoping to have a good shot at decent seats.

I figure Orch. is best but are the wet seats too wet? Are they too close? Is upper Orch. better? What do you think?

Thanks ahead of time,

Lynn

Old May 9th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Jean Valjean

Only the first 3-4 rows get wet.

I would think that any seat is a good seat.

Enjoy! It is a great show.

Old May 9th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Ellen

I saw 'O' from 7th row center. Perfect. But I think that any seat is a good seat. There really isn't anything too high up or off too far to the side. Not a small theater, but laid out really efficiently. I didn't see anyone get wet at all. Don't worry about the $$$$. Once the show starts, you will forget all about how much you spent. Please report back!

Old May 9th, 2001, 03:24 PM
MAry

Good luck in finding anything at all for this Fri.

Old May 9th, 2001, 03:27 PM
MAry

Sorry , read too fast and understood you are getting tickets for this Fri. You better call as soon as they become available b/c I called about an hour after they went on sale and I got like the 15th row in Orch. I have heard that if you sit too close you can't appreciate the whole stage.

Old May 9th, 2001, 07:31 PM
gary

I sat in row 1 right in the very center and didn't get wet at all.
These were not the optimal seats either...actually too close and a little too low.
I'd estimate that the best seats are probably about 5-10 rows up right in the center. There really aren't any bad seats...some are just a bit far away.

Old May 10th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Jean Valjean

I forgot, you should have no problems in getting a ticket. The earlier you call, the more options you'll have, though. I bought mine at the standby line, 2 hours before the show started and got row 15, dead center. Extremely good seats!

Old May 10th, 2001, 12:49 PM
lynn

Hi -

Thanks for all the help.

I'll be online at midnight tomorrow to hopefully get the seats I want.

I'm going to try for the back of the first Orch. section or the front of the second Orch section. From what you all tell me, it's best not to be too close.

Thanks again,

I'll report back in 3 months on how it went!

Lynn

Old May 12th, 2001, 07:28 AM
lynn

Greetings Again -

I just booked my tickets. I got Upper Orch. 203-Row "O"

Looks pretty good since it will be slightly raised above Orch. section 103 but in the first row of 203. Not too far back and almost dead center.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Lynn

Old May 12th, 2001, 12:09 PM
MAry

Hi Lynn,

Wow, that is the exact place where my seats are for O on the 26th of this month. Sec 203 row J , they are right next to the stage controls but I was told that they are sunk in so the lights won't bother us.

I'll let you know how the seats are in a couple of weeks.

Old May 12th, 2001, 01:43 PM
mike

we saw "o" last week. we were 2nd section and thought they were fantastic seats. i think if you sit too close you might miss something [there is so much going on] well worth the money.

Old May 12th, 2001, 05:12 PM
lynn

Mary -

That would be great. If I don't respond on here just email me directly. Sometimes if I get busy at work I don't check the forum all the time.

Lynn