Fayetteville, NC

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 02:25 PM
Donald Gibson

Fayetteville, NC

Is there anything to do in Fayetteville, North Carolina? Also, if anyone has any info. on the Radisson in the historic district, I'd appreciate some insight. Thanks.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 02:38 PM
NC

I didn't even realize Fayetteville had a historic distric. Sorry to say it is one of the worst, ugliest, stripmall towns I have ever been to. It's nickname is Fayettenam.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 04:23 PM
Nancy

Hey Goober, (NOT NC)
It's obvious you know nothing about Fayetteville as it was not too long ago named as an All-America City.
Donald, Fayettevile has been working very hard to revitalize its downtown area, and there are nice shops and restaurants close by your hotel.
Check out:

http://www.discoverfayetteville.com/

http://www.cityoffayetteville.org/

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently stayed here in Quality Inn in room 226 for a one night stay. My wife, son and I came in very late and went right to sleep. When we woke the next morning. we noticed the walls in the bedroom and especially the bathroom were covered in mold. My wife immediately went to the front desk to complain. The young lady said she gets a lot of complaints about the mold. When asked why nothing was done she replied " I don't care about this place, I just work here". She said the manager "K.P." will be in at 12pm to issue a refund. as we had to leave we left our information and waited for a call from K.P. which never came. My wife then called Choice Hotels Guest Relations to lodge a formal complaint. She was told they would have the manager call back. When she finally spoke with. he told her he was not issuing a refund because "I didn't tell you to call anyone else". I guess this incompetent manager, being of Indian decent, felt he should have to give a woman permission to make a complaint. After hanging up on my wife she called Choice Hotels again( without his permission) who was very helpful, admitting the mold is a health issue and no one should be treated like this. They said they will issue a full refund (which should take 4-6 weeks, I'll keep you posted) Needless to say, as a person who travels extensively worldwide, I would recommend this place to no one. Unclean, bad management, front desk staff who admit they don't care. Definitely Quality Inn in Fayetteville N. C. is a place to steer clear of. If this is indicative of all the Quality Inns look for another chain.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 05:50 AM

Fayetteville, home to Ft Bragg, doesn't have a whole lot to do. They did open a new airborne/special ops museum that is nice, if that's for you, but Fayetteville isn't much of a tourist destination.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM

Oh geeze, who knows why but this post is from 11 years ago!!