Search

Favorite Travel Bag

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Favorite Travel Bag

Fodorites,

I'm shopping for a lightweight multi-purpose chic-looking travel bag to be used for airplane goodies (snacks, books, cell, water) and for sightseeing in cities (water, tourist guide books etc). I prefer the backpack variety due to ease. I also love organizer pockets. Does anyone have a personal favorite to share? Thanks
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:02 PM

AAA sell very nice ones, believe it or not. If you go into most major AAA offices, they have their luggage on display. Most are name brands, such as American Tourister and others, and their travel bags are very nice looking.
I purchased and entire set of American Tourister luggage from them and one suitcase developed a zipper problem. They shipped it back to the manufacturer and had an entire new zipper put on and shipped it back, all at no charge to me. I've never had any other problems and would buy from them again.
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:43 PM

Not specifically a travel bag, but I love Vera Bradley backpacks. So many designs to choose from and so comfortable to carry (plus you can get matching accessories - wallet, makeup bag, etc to carry inside it if you like). With two young children, I couldn't live without it (AND they are machine washable!).
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
jtp

I use a light weight Prada, I have had it for years, it wears well, also a Longchamp that I picked up at their outlet -- extremely light weight folds to almost nothing and expands
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:32 PM

I use a leather Coach Tote Bag and love it. I have had it for many years and many trips and it still looks great.
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:59 PM

I'm currently planning on using a medium sized Kipling bag, but I may not be the best person to ask. Bags I've designated specifically for travel have only survived 1 trip, except for my most recent bag which is my everyday bag.

Here's hoping my Kipling bag survives...
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:29 PM

Baggalini makes a terrific assortment with all kinds of pockets. Do an online search to see where you can buy them in your area.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all. I'm looking for something more practical than chic I guess. I would really love an all black backpack nonleather but doesn't look like a student bag with a water bottle holder.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 08:01 AM

There's a Timberline Rolling Pack in black, by Columbia Lifestyle Packs. There's an online operation called Irv's Luggage that handles them. Give 'em a Google...
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM
GoTravel

I had a Prada backpack I used for years until I sold it to a girlfriend and then I bought the Prada messenger bag.

Love it. It is chic and very functional.

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM

Just yesterday I was looking for a carry-on with wheels. The ones made by Travelpro look so great, so well designed, with compartments so convenient for everything! Then I looked at the price tag. OUCH!! $109 + tax!

Won't look any more for a while