Favorite hotels in Maui?

Search

Favorite hotels in Maui?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Favorite hotels in Maui?

We'll be in Maui for 6 nights in September for our honeymoon. I'm looking for some hotel recommendations - we're thinking about Kapalua Bay Hotel, Ritz Carlton, Hyatt, Kea Lani, Four Seasons (the last one may be slightly over budget!). I'm curious to hear which hotels people love, and what made them great.
thanks!!
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:07 AM

My vote would be the Renaissance Hotel in Wailea. It's a beautiful property with a nice relaxing atmosphere. The lounge area with live music is lovely and open, the pool area is very nice also. It's close enough to all the restaurants and action in Kihei, but a world away as far as peace and quite go. Enjoy!
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:01 AM

If Four Seasons isn't in your budget, then my second vote is for Kea Lani, then Hyatt. Kapalua Bay & Ritz is too far up north and often wet & windy.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:47 AM

We stayed at the Ritz September 2003 and the 4 Seasons the previous September. Liked Wailea and the 4 Seasons better. Pampering is better and there are more restaurants etc. in the vicinity. We are staying at the Kea Lani next week since the 4 Seasons had no promotions for the time we are there. They are all beautiful.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 04:38 PM

The searanch cottages at the Hotel Hana Maui are just exquisitely romantic! both my husband and I really loved our searanch cottage for our anniversary trip. I've never stayed anywhere with so many little touches... And you have your own private jacuzzi on your own private deck...with view of the attractive grounds and ocean in the distance.

I stayed 1 night at the Ritz in San Francisco once, and it's nice but doesn't compare to the experience of staying in your own searanch cottage at the Hotel Hana Maui. For more info see my recent trip report...type in "Hotel Hana Maui" into the search box.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 05:15 PM

You need to tell us specifically WHAT your budget is. A room at the FS could be cheaper than even the Kea Lani depending on the room! We got a rate of $425 a night at the FS for this upcoming Sept BUT it includes a car rental and buffet breakfast for 2.

Steve R
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 04:14 PM
jgg

We really like the Kea Lani. The rooms are all-suites so they are quite large and have wonderful large bathrooms. The grounds are beautiful. There is a very nice adult only pool that is very quiet and relaxing. We really prefer the Wailea side of the island.

Be sure to read some recent posts about the Kapalua Bay Hotel, apparently it is going to be torn down and rebuilt in 2006, now may not be the tme to go.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:49 PM

Kapalua Bay is a wonderful place in September (it is only wet and windy sometimes in the winter). The Kapalua Resort area is the most upscale in Maui, with only Kapalua Bay and Ritz Carlton as hotels, and a lot of villas.Kapalua Bay is very connected to the sea, on a pretty, calm-water beach with wade-in snorkeling. The close-by ocean views are outstanding from many rooms, throughout the lobby, even the open air corridors to rooms. The Ritz is up the hill from a fairly rough water beach, w/o the ocean views of Kapalua. Kapalua is upscale casual, very Hawaiian. The Ritz and the better Wailea Hotels are more like their mainland counterparts transported to Maui.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 05:53 PM

We liked the Hyatt a lot. If you do a search under my name, you should be able to find my trip report from August. There are lots of details in there!
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 08:36 AM

Another vote for Fairmont Kea Lani and Hotel Hana Maui! We just got back yesterday and loved both properties! (Kea Lani is the best value for the price of the places you mention. Having a suite is great when you're spending a whole week!)

I'll be posting a detailed trip report with pics shortly.