fate of United frequent flyer miles

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Carol

fate of United frequent flyer miles

Does anyone have information from a reliable source as to the fate of our frequent flyer miles if United goes chapter 11 bankruptcy? And if there is no more United, will they still be valid on the partner airlines like Lufthansa?

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Julie

News sources have been reporting that there will be no change to the frequent flyer program under a bankruptcy filing.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Trust me I know

For the last time, United is not going to fade into oblivion because of chapter 11. If you're that worried about it then redeem your miles ASAP because as I type this thousands of other worried UA FFY are booking their award travel. If for sake of argument they do fold Lufthansa will not honor UA miles. Did you know that United is also partnered with Usair, a currently bankrupt airline that is adding more international destinations to increase their revenue?

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:28 PM
x

I have it on good authority that United has sold all its frequent flyer miles to Aeroflot and you will now have to redemm them on that airline at a 10 to 1 discount. It is a sad day in history when something like this happens.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Sergei

I am taking affront to your childman rude remarque, comrade. I am been long time passenger on Aeroflot and can confident say it better is than your Southwest airplanes. No even have cheap food on Southwest. No vodka either. Fracht!

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:44 PM
my

Aeroflot - the airline that gave a whole new meaning to the concept of 'Take Your Child to Work Day'.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Sergei

In my country our children work yes. But in my country children do not get growing up teaching from parents about laziness and spoiling is the way is alright. Children learn the work way is life and be productive and be usedful. And proud. Not laziness.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 05:08 PM
y

Sergei, my esteemed comrade, at what age does an Aeroflot pilot teach his children to pilot a jet full of people straight into the ground?

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Icki

Nothing wrong with Aeroflot - it's improved dramatically since the 1980s. Have you all flown them both then and now, so that you are able to judge?

Plus, they still let you smoke on the plane.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:35 PM
sss

No way aeroflot. It is nasty! Never ever,,thats towelhead country.