Fast ferry boston to cape

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Making last mintute travel plans, flying to boston at the end of july, staying a few days and then planning on heading to the cape. Would it make any sense to take the ferry to and from provincetown and then renting a car on the cape as opposed to renting car in boston and driving down?
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 05:40 AM

Sure, you can do it either way.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 08:27 AM

That all depends on how much of the cape you're planning on seeing , outside of P-town. If you'd like to tour the entire cape, you can consider driving (although weekend traffic can be bad; if you're going there mid week you'd have much less stress).

If you're content only sticking with the outer cape, or are doing this on a weekend, I'd recommend the ferry. It's a very stress-free ride!
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM

Be sure to check prices in advance. Rentals in resort towns may be significantly higher than at airport hubs or not.

The Provincetown ferry on a weekend (say, Friday night and Sunday afternoon) is a major party scene. This may or may not be a bonus for you.

Old Jun 30th, 2007, 11:09 AM

I have just replied to your other thread regarding where to stay on the cape. I have just read this and hubby and myself think it is a good idea, as the ferry takes you straight into the centre of Provincetown where you can hire your car.
However, if you decide to hire from Boston, here is what we did.
We hired our car from the Alamo which is housed inside the Harbour Garage Multstory car park on the Harbourside near the aquarium.
We drove the car out of the garage straight onto the 93 which takes you straight to Plymouth and the Cape.
On returning the car, just take the 93 back into Boston and take exit 23. It takes you straight back to the Harbour garage. Simple!