Reload this Page >

Fast but fun day in NYC

Search

Fast but fun day in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2000, 02:27 PM
Cheryl

Fast but fun day in NYC

Spent last Sunday in NYC (female travelling alone). Stayed at the centrally located Milford Plaza (old but good location and reasonably priced. Highly recommend Brdwy show Saturday Night Fever. Audience was in the aisles dancing! Cabaret is back at Studio 54 theater. Had very bad service at Orso's Italian restaurant on Restaurant Row. Food overpriced and just ok. Recommend Grayline shuttle to/from airport. $26 rd trip to Newark.

Old Nov 27th, 2000, 06:57 PM
Cara

I also just got back from NYC and loved Saturday Night Fever!

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 05:27 AM
Ess

Cheryl, how was the Milford Plaza anyway? It got such a bashing recently on this forum (by me, too) - but maybe it's come under new management or something? That was brave of you to travel by yourself, but NYC is perfect for going solo isn't it?. Sounds like you had fun on your trip, though I'm sorry about your lousy restaurant experience. I can tolerate crappy theatre, because sometimes it's fun as a goof, but crappy food is no joke. Better luck next time!

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 05:59 AM
another

That's interesting...I hated Saturday Night Fever, but love Orsos! That's what makes life interesting!

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 12:58 PM
tcc

Too bad they're closing down Saturday Night Fever. Guess not too many people agree with you. But hey, there's always a new show opening up (I can't say either way about Saturday Night Fever, I haven't seen it.)

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 05:47 AM
Cheryl

Ess,
Milford Plaza is strictly location--that's why I stayed there. Got a good price via internet and walked everywhere I wanted to go. I had great service, room was small but very clean. I'd stay there again.

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 09:05 AM
Nick

When I went to see Saturday Night Fever, everyone was dancing in the aisles and were raving about the performance as we left. Seemed to be a big hit. Maybe some of it was the fact that we had wonderful seats in the orchestra and felt part of the show. I would recommend seeing it before it closes!

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 09:46 AM
Mary

We were also in NY last weekend and stayed at the Mayfair Hotel on 49th. It was a lovely, though small room, very centrally located in theater district and the people working there seem to go out of their way to be helpful and see that everything is taken care of. Would recommend it! We saw The Best Man which I really enjoyed and also Riverdance which was very good as well.