Reload this Page >

Family Reunion in Hilton Head

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 10:35 PM
Helene

We're looking to stay in Hilton Head in August with 4 families, including 7 kids (2 - 10) and 1 active set of grandparents. The kids love the beach, the men love golfing, and we'd all like a place where the kids would find things to keep them happy. Any suggestions? Where should we stay? Condos? Hotels? Thanks!

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 07:35 AM
me

call rh realty..ask for a place on the south end of the island so you'll be close to all the restaurants..they can put you in a large house oceanfront with lots of bedrooms, when split by 4 families it shouldn't be too expensive...book far in advance. if you want individ. condos.. try the seacrest....new & really nice. for restaurants try TWO ELEVEN PARK & RICARRDO'S both excellent ricarrdos will be kid friendly and lots of food.

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 12:17 PM
chris

Did a family reunion in July at SeaCrest. Condos were spectacular, beach great, pools great. BUT we weren't even on the same floors, so getting together was a pain. The place was too immense - huge concrete hallways with elevator leaving you in the underground parking lot, so I was not comfortable letting my 8 and 10-year olds walk around by themselves. It's right across from a nice shopping area, but it's just off a traffic circle and there is no light and no safe place to cross street. Drivers seemed to speed up when they saw people coming! I would opt for splitting one or two houses on the beach on the south side. We tried to do that, but they were all booked. For a great dinner out, try the Hyatt seafood buffet - no messy checks to split and lots of good food.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 04:27 AM
OliveOyl

Chris,

As of 1-10-01, that Hyatt will become a Marriott. Although wait staff will undoubtedly remain with the hotel, the chefs have been reassigned to other Hyatts throughout the chain.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 06:22 AM
vicki

You should rent in either Sea Pines Plantation or Palmetto Dunes, they both have the most to offer for visitors. Palmetto Dunes has a 11 mile canal for canoeing etc,beach,golf, restaurants etc. Sea Pines has beach,golf, horseback riding etc. They're only 5 miles apart so its no big deal to do activities in either area. Both offer houses or condos for rent. Contacts: Palmetto Dunes Resort Villa & Home Rentals 843-785-1161, Worthy Rentals 843-785-5577, Shoreline Rental 843-842-3006. You can also go to: www.islandpacket.com to access our local paper which has a site for info.
Good luck

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 04:48 PM
Sydney

I would suggest Palmetto Dunes Plantation. It seemed newer and is centrally located on the island so it doesn't take long to get to anything. I contacted all of the realtors above as well as others in phone book and found that www.islandgetaway.com had some of the best properties and prices of all that I called. I was very pleased with them both times we vacationed there. We stayed in oceanfront villas. I would suggest The Hampton and The Windsor villas as they are some of the newest and nicest in the area. They also rent homes. There is a nice bike trail through the plantation and they have a lovely pool area and beach. Islandgetaway realtor's site has pretty good descriptions and pictures so I would definitely check it out for more info if nothing else. Hope this helps. Have fun, we loved it down there.