Family Reunion Florida Beaches

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for some input on resort areas in Florida other than the keys for a family reunion 16-20 ages 26-64, April 4-11 2009. With the devaluing of the dollar it seems we would have a better deal in Florida than the Caribbean. Nice beach, suite or condos, nightlife within walking distance. anyone have any thoughts? Have been searching from St. Augustine over to Siesta, Sanibel. My head is spinning. Thanks
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 12:25 PM

Having owned a condo in St. Augustine foe many years (and still do, I am very partial to that area, particularly Crescent Beach. You don't say how many people will be coming, but here is one option: Beacher's Lodge <http://www.beacherslodge.com/>. Most of the units are direct oceanfront and they even have a conference room which would be perfect for your entire group to get together.

I previously owned a unit here and know the manager (and staff) to be very friendly and accommodating. St. Augustine's historic area is just a few minutes' drive away.
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

ps I have gone to this website and found it worth futher research though the 25-30 year olds may fid it all a bit dull
thanks
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 05:03 AM
WannabeinaMontserrat

Try Amelia Island. The night life there is will be in Old Town. Sounds to me that you may be looking for more of a South Beach atmosphere though (?).

Old Jul 12th, 2008, 06:35 AM
cd

Have you ever been to the Panhandle? The beaches and the water there are like the Caribbean. Beautiful. Try seaching a bit in the Fort Walton/Destin area.
http://www.destin-fwb.com/
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 09:19 AM

Just returned from a few days in Destin -- the beaches are heavenly and the community is large enough to offer the young folks a bit of diversion. It may still be a little cold there in April, though.

I haven't been to Siesta Key (yet!), but I hear it also is very, very nice, and Sarasota is full of shops, restaurants, clubs, galleries, etc.

Old Jul 12th, 2008, 03:16 PM
LN

Hi

Siesta Key, Sanibel, Longboat, and Anna Maria are all beautiful islands especially in April but there's very little nightlife. You'd have to drive into Sarasota for some nightlife.
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Are the Keys and the Caribbean definitely out?