Family Friendly Lodging in Carmel or Monterey

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning to spend a couple of nights in the Carmel/Montery area in late May. Since we are a family of four, we're looking for something a little more spacious than a typical dbl/dbl hotel room. I'm finding really high-end luxury places (i.e. BIG bucks) or older places that look rather dated. We can spend from $150 - $225 a night. Anyone have any ideas for an inn, B&B, condo, hotel, cottage, etc. that would be modern, clean and not pet-friendly (my apologies to all of you dog and cat lovers--we have serious allergy issues). Thanks for your suggestions!
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In nearby Pacific Grove.......not sure about the pet situation..........

www.bideaweeinn.com

www.andrilcottages.com
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:34 PM

We stayed at the Monterey Bay Lodge this past summer, and thought it was just fine. It has been remodeled in the past few years. The location was great, and there's a family-friendly restaurant attached (I forget the name). It was at the lower end of the price range you mentioned.

www.montereybaylodge.com

We booked through a reservation service online: resort2me.com

You tell them what you're looking for and they search the entire Monterey area (or Carmel) for the right place to fit your needs. Of course, there's no fee, like a travel agency.

Be sure to print your online quote to assure the rate.

Enjoy your trip! (How could you not!)
Carol
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Deblynn

Last year we stayed at the Monterey Beach Resort, right on the ocean, with our two boys. We all loved it. It was right on the beach, had a nice pool, and had free refreshments every evening @ 5:00. They were about $150 W/AAA. Not a bad rate for being right on the ocean. Rooms are more pricey in Carmel for what you get, but if you want the Carmel Village, try the Best Westerns up there, they had some good values.

Old Feb 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM

In 2004, we stayed in Carmel at the Dolphin Inn with our two kids. (http://www.ibts-dolphininn.com/)

I don't remember what we paid, but the website recites a price of $260-$285 (a bit more than you mentioned). We stayed in the "family room," which was two regular motel rooms joined together.

It's not fancy, but it was nice, clean and welcoming. The staff was helpful, and my kids loved the basket of breakfast foods that was left at our doorway each morning. (The included breakfast might cut your costs a bit.)

It's my impression, based on my research for our trip, that there may be a bigger selection of Monterey hotels that are more family-oriented.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 08:40 PM

Check out Lobos Lodge n the heart of Carmel, www.loboslodge.com.