Falmouth-Cape Cod Hotels

Search

Falmouth-Cape Cod Hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falmouth-Cape Cod Hotels

Will be in Falmouth in October for a conference. Conference is scheduled to be at Sea Crest Hotel, which is a large conference center. Any thoughts on this hotel? Gets panned on TripAdvisor. Any thoughts on better options for staying in the Falmouth area? Thanks.
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:55 AM

The Sea Crest is in North Falmouth. It's got a great setting, right on Old Silver Beach. I have only been in the lobby and conference areas and they are quite nice. I'm not sure what else would be open there that time of year. Falmouth would have more choices and would be about 15 minutes away. I'm sorry I don't have suggestions for another hotel. Perhaps someone else does.
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM

I am sure it is a fine place for a conference. However, as a transplanted New Englander who very much has adapted to the local culture over the last 30+ years, I have to mention that one day we were at Old Silver Beach and walked into the Sea Crest. I thought that I had somehow traveled in both time and distance to what appeared to be Miami Beach in about 1956!

It does very much depend though, on what kind of a hotel experience you want. Although a beach community, Falmouth---where we have vacationed for the same 30+ years---has a small town Americana feel, so maybe you could say more about the kind of accommodations you have in mind.
Old May 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

If there are any nice B&B's or historic inns, that would be preferable.
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:35 PM

socialworker, when were you at the Sea Crest?

doc04, I would google for B&B's in West Falmouth. I do not know any of them but you would have several from which to chose. West Falmouth is one of my very favorite villages on the Cape and is 5 minutes from the Sea Crest. You can walk to wonderful beaches and enjoy what Cape Cod used to be.
Old May 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM

HI gomiki----a hard question...probably more than 5 but less than 10 years ago. So it may be very different now....You are absoulutely right that the setting on the beach is lovely.

I totally concur w/your opinion of West Falmouth and it is also really nice to be near the quaint center of downtown Falmouth.

doc, there are many great B&Bs. Falmouth is the home of Katharine Lee Bates, author of Amercia the Beautiful. That is why the great bike path that goes into Woods Hole, one of the many "villages" of the town of Falmouth, is called the "Shining Sea" bikeway. It really is a great town on every level. Because we stay at a time share on the beach there, I cannot recommend a B&B personally.

Many years ago we did stay at the Palmer House, very near the town green, and while it was a beautiful place, it suffered from what I call "B&B syndrome"......They were designed as homes not hotels and so sound carries way more than one would like. A small fan for white noise could help. We still ride our bikes near there every year and it still looks lovely but it is far from the only choice. There are many. Maybe start a thread asking for Falmouth, MA B&B recommendations?

Old May 12th, 2008, 05:18 AM

I was in the Sea Crest last Wednesday for a conference, and it was exactly as socialworker describes it: a time warp.

I came for the day; friends who stayed the night said the rooms were tired.

Setting is absolutely fantastic, located in a residential neighborhood with a gorgeous, gorgeous beach. The staff is also friendly and accomodating.

You have to drive a bit if you want to eat somewhere other than the hotel.