Fall colors- how are they in your town?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the fall colors are great here in Maryland this year. I would say the peak will be this weekend.

Report in about the fall colors in your town. Thanks!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 10:41 AM

Just went 10/12-10/14 up to Newburgh, Rhinebeck area of NY - and colors were AWESOME!!!! I would say the next two weekends would also be good. It was simply beautiful - especially looking out from the Vanderbilt Mansion grounds over the water. Simply beautiful.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 10:47 AM

In San Francisco it's always the same: grey and foggy... sometimes sunny and windy.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 11:36 AM

Beautiful in Northern NJ...we're at peak now! Great colors! Now if only we could get some blue sky working for this weekend!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Melissajoy

The fall colors in San Diego are black and orange...black and orange for kids halloween costumes and decorations; orange for pumpkin soup, and pumpkin muffins, and jack-o-lanterns.

Basically here in San diego we have to make our own fall colors because nature doesn't do it for us!

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 11:52 AM

WEll, one of the Palm fronds in the tree in the back yard looks a little yellow. My hibiscus are a great yellow and red!
(weeping) I want to smell that cold fall air and walk through knee deep leaves.
Scarlett the pathetic~
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 12:00 PM
GoTravel

Sadly, our leaves don't change. The leaves fall off the Live Oak Trees in the spring when the new growth pushes them off the trees.

The palm trees stay green all the time.

My bougainvilla is in full bloom with bright pink flowers. Does that count?

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 12:05 PM
JJ5

Going to work these last two weeks, it is liking driving down into a bowl of orange, scarlet, yellow. Many leaves are down now in Northern Illinois, but it is still dynamite looking. Now everything is covered and corn fields with Burning Bushes and Cosmos next to them WOW! With the eclipse last night, my front yard was NIFTY. I watched the game outside. It's been a gorgeous October. I've also seen deer, ducks, geese (walking in the rain) and my first bushy-tailed coyote in awhile. WAS HE HEALTHY!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 12:14 PM

Well here in southern Sacramento Valley
it is not spectacular. However there 2 trees outside my living room window that are the most awsome deep indian red. Do not even know what type of trees they are.

Rest of trees green basically.

Weather like SF, gray and gloomy.

Envy all of you that have a real autumn.

Scarlett, love your description of your autumn. LOL. Believe me though, I would trade places with you right now.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 12:43 PM

The cottonwoods and aspens are gold in New Mexico. The bosque along the Rio Grande is gorgeous right now.

Lee Ann
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 01:18 PM

Yesterday they were beautiful here in Idaho, but right now they are covered in about an inch of snow.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 01:24 PM

About 2 hours from now it will be late fall afternoon here among the grapevines. Colors of gold, pumpkin,crimson,russett,& chocolate.
The surrounding hills look like a soft
olive velvet carpet- there's just a little of that autumn haze you only see in fall when the sun gets low on the
horizon. Makes the landscape look
soft. Canada geese and various ducks starting to arrive at the lake sanctuary. Someone's got a early evening fire started-can you close your eyes and smell it?
R5
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 01:34 PM

Well as my fellow Hawaiians (as in Hawaii residents....was that PC enough? ) have already stated, it's always green here. Would be nice to see the colors change. If only it wasn't followed up by five months of snow!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 01:50 PM

Thank you R5, :
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 02:07 PM
bonniebroad

The colors in North Carolina are simply shades of magnificent, at least from Raleigh over to our mountains in the Western part of the state. When I went to vote today, I looked down one street full of beautiful burgundy, gold, pumpkin colored trees, and a lady was walking down the street in a beautiful burgundy suit that matched, as though the Creator put her there just for the occasion! And when I was standing at the pull-offs on the Blue Ridge Parkway last week.......... well, there are no words to describe the incredible symphony of Fall colors!!! Heaven must look a lot like it......

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 02:20 PM

non-existent here in Dallas..some years we have had better luck - mostly it's green...greeny brown....brown ..gone...
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 02:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
A walk along the Charles River, than, into the Public Garden and onto to common is an autumn delight! Mother nature has painted another masterpiece.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 02:30 PM

I was just thinking about the colors this morning on my run. Unfortunately, here in the PNW the colors are not near as vibrant as in the NE...so the pinkish and goldish colors will just have to make do. Maybe someone in the NE can send me some of those gorgeous reds and oranges, lol!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 02:58 PM

We have some trees in San Jose that turn colors, but nothing to spectacular. It's been raining, so all the leaves are clogging the gutters now.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 03:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
sorry, mispelled THEN!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -