Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn SPA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone do spa treatments here? I'm tempted to do Osmosis, but I'll be with my mom and it's a bit too hippy dippy for her. The spa treats at the Fairmont are priced just a bit higher than what I usually pay, so I'm just wondering if they're actually worth it?
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

And... anyone ever eat at La Poste?

http://www.bistrolaposte.com/
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 08:45 PM

I haven't been to either spa, but a friend of mine (who is also my massage therapist) was recently hired to do staff training at both places. She's holding her workshop at Mission, I think, the first week of November... I hope you're going after that time!

I hope you'll get some feedback to help make your decision. Have a wonderful time!
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 01:08 PM

I didn't have a spa treatment at SMI, but have stayed there and toured their spa. It's absolutely gorgeous! I especially love their apricots n cream lotion there.

I spoke with a lady who had numerous treatments (she had been there all week, if you could imagine that!) and loved all of them. She especially liked the wraps.

I'll be staying here in March and maybe if I save my pennies I'll be able to do a spa treatment. I would go for it!! Your mom will love you for taking her there!! ***kim**
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Original Poster

OK, I think I'll do it. The menu is pretty extensive, though! Where to start??? Do I do the...

The Harvest Kur
(100 minutes / $209)
Embrace the healing of the 'Valley of the Moon'. This fabulously regenerative treatment, using local products, begins with exfoliation to naturally stimulate the body's immune system. Relax with a warm, fragrant grape seed oil infused bubble bath followed by a warm, nurturing grape seed mud body wrap concluding in total bliss with a full body massage using grape seed body oil. This treatment uses products that are high in antioxidants, vitamins C and E, which enhance well being throughout your body, mental relaxation and spiritual balance.

Or the...

Herbal Body Wrap
(50 minutes / $109)
Experience the relaxation of our stress relieving, detoxifying Herbal Body Wrap. This deep heat wrap opens the pores, encouraging elimination of toxins and excess salts. The moist heat relaxes tired muscles and joints. Herbs used in our classic wrap come in two blends: a Spring/Summer blend that stimulates detoxification and a Winter/Fall blend that encourages moisturization.

Or...

Vanilla Float
(50 minutes / $119)
Allow yourself to relax into the weightless environment of our flotation bed. Begin with an invigorating exfoliating scrub, followed by a decadent remoisturizing vanilla shea butter wrap, while your massage therapist gently massages your face and scalp. This unique treatment concludes with a delicious vanilla float served to you from our Spa Snack Bar.

Or...

Sonoma Valley Lavender Olive Oil Scrub
(50 minutes / $105)
An aromatic and stimulating exfoliation that moisturizes while promoting new skin growth. Using products hand made in the Sonoma Valley, this combination of olive oil, sea salt and lavender will stimulate the mind, body and senses.

I might do a facial instead, be economical about it and just skip my regularly scheduled facial for it.

Decisions, decisions!

And, kimamom, did you know you can order the apricot product online?

http://www.sonomamissionspa.com/shoponline/aprcream.htm
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 09:35 AM

Oh yeah, I've ordered it online many times. I'm out again and now I need to decide between the Apricots n Cream from SMI for $26 or the seaweed lotion from France from a spa I like in Astoria, OR for $49!

Everything sounds wonderful at SMI, good luck with your decision. They also have watsu on their spa menu and a gorgeous watsu pool there. Trust me you won't want to leave once you're there, I just wore my celery colored BB cap to a water polo game and received lots of comments on it.

Their gift shop is very nice and the main lobby and historic rooms have been completely renovated, this was completed this summer.

Let us know how you like it after your return! ***kim***
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Our trip got cancelled
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 10:33 AM

OH, I hate it when that happens! Trust me, I've been there many times. I hope you can re-schedule it! ***kim***
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, kim

Mr. cher_cher and I are still going to take one of the days off work so we can at least do a day trip. I'm too excited to visit wineries I've never been to (Ledson, Bella, Foppiano)! And by dinnertime at Bistro La Poste I'll have forgotten all about the SMI... Well, not really, but who would dare complain???

Also thinking of spending one night at Beltrane Ranch.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 07:12 AM

You'll love Ledson, it's a really pretty (castle-like) place and they have a really nice deli-gift shop there. Enjoy your trip! ***kim***