Search

Fagiolini NYC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 06:40 PM
grant

Fagiolini NYC

Fagiolini at 334 Lexington is in my NYC "Entertainment" book - one complimentary dinner (up to $12) with the purchase of another at equal or greater value. We will be in NYC next weekend - can anyone comment of this restaurant? Decent Food? Price? Thanks!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Patrick

I'm trying to picture this, and sorry, because I've never heard of this restaurant. But if their meals are "up to $12" how good can they be? And if they are willing to give one away when you buy one -- in other words they can't keep the place full selling $12 meals -- then it sounds like a major warning sign to me.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Hank

Grant, I checked "citysearch.com" for you and there was a link to Fagoilini's website, it's http://fagiolini.citysearch.com/ the place looks nice, the menu seems interesting and the prices appear to be reasonable.

Patrick, you have posted excellent advice at traveltalk and I was a little surprised at your response to Grant. Do you honestly think an entree MUST be over $12 to be decent? And if something is offered in the entertainment book it means that they can't sell at their regular prices so as losers they must offer a "special"? I'm sure the Whitney Museum, (among other restaurants & attractions) will be very interested to hear this, as they too are offered in the book. Pity no one wants to go to the Whitney and that they have to offer buy 1 get 1 free to keep the museum full. . . . . .

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:36 PM
suepowell

The food there is fine, and your coupon is for UP TO $12; the meals run a little below (Penne all'Arrabbiata for $9.75) and a little over (Salmone alla Griglia for $13.50 - all shown on their website as Hank noted), so you can still order something for over $12 and they just apply the coupon to the price of the meal. The entertainment book works best when you both order something equal in price, because it's the lower priced meal that the coupon is applied to. Fagiolini is not a "dining experience" but if you are looking for a decent meal, at a decent price, it's fine.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 05:08 AM
David

Is this place open for lunch?