Reload this Page >

Experiences at Radisson Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 06:53 AM
Dave

I travel around the United States quite often and was interested in stories of bad service, nightmarish rooms, or just plain rude staff.
Also, I aminterested in stories about great experiences with this hotel brand.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 07:32 AM
Dave

Basicly Just vent. I have had very few bad experiences at the Radissons that I have stayed in, but i know there have been a few bad experiences to speak of.

Usually the staff goes above and beyond, and that is why i try to always stay in Radissons while traveling.

Thanks for your input, everyone.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 12:56 PM
dave

Any information would be appreciated

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 03:42 PM
Lori

Sorry, but there are no Radisson experiences that stick out in my mind. I've never been wowed by a Radisson, but they don't stick out as being dives, either. Bland would be a good description.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 06:25 PM
GG

Lori sums up my opinion. Radisson is serviceable. When I (used to) stay at them, my expectations weren't that great, so I was seldom disappointed.
If I'm paying big $$ at a nice hotel, I expect (maybe unfairly) near perfection. Anything wrong is a minus and a mistake. So chains like Radisson have an easier time satisfying their customers to some extent.
Similar to the reason why Southwest Airlines has top rated customer satisfaction scores so often. People aren't expecting luxury, and they're usually not overpaying for a ticket, so they're easier to please.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 07:00 AM
Dave

With all of that said... Which ones have you been to?

I know there are numerous hotels and resorts that are absolutly amazing(and pricey) that stick out in my mind. The Downtown Manhatten one is great and the Aruba resort too. They are great places to stay, and at those prices i expect FULL service, not mediocre service.

though, I can see what you are saying about some not needing high standards to live up to... if i am only paying $69 for a room per night i am not going to complain that the service isn't like it was where i was paying $250 per night with the same Corperate Brand name on the building.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 07:31 AM
Tom

Tom:

Any chain can purchase a beautiful property and slap its name on the front. Radisson has done this in downtown L.A. and has a nice hotel. On the whole, however, I find Radisson to be a very average chain, and inconsistent. I've stayed at one that had okay rooms but, for the price, a poor gym and very underwhelming, overpriced breakfast. I've stayed at another--in the same town--that was much nicer and had the same room rate. Same as Courtyard, Holiday Inn, etc. It's just a brand name.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 09:47 AM
Dave

Tom,
I know what you mean about the brand name being inconsistent. But with all of these franchises (over 410 worldwide), Radisson has been implementing a Customer service standard that I have personal experience to a situation that it didn;t work. Those are(thankfully) few and far between, in my experience.

Radisson is great with making things right whether it be through the franchise or through their '1-800' #. I have seen many praises in these online forums regarding fast solutions to problems where 100% Guest Satisfaction wasn't reached.

I have been assured that it IS a priority to see that guests are leaving happy and not regreting thier stay in Radisson properties.

On another note: Anyone ever stayed at the Radisson St. Louis Airport Hotel? I have stayed there on many occassions and have enjoyed my stay each time.