Reload this Page >

Expedia.com Booking?

Search

Expedia.com Booking?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:51 AM
Dana

Expedia.com Booking?

I found a great rate through Expedia for the Hotel Monaco in San Francisco...however, my room preference cannot be guaranteed (non-smoking, queen bed). Has anyone booked through Expedia and received the room preference they checked off when booking? I'm a bit hesitant!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:56 AM
John

Dana:

I just booked myself into Wash. DC. I had to book two rooms, which you can not do at the same time. I used the 800 number and talked to a very helpful person who walked me through the process. Give the telephoe contact a try!
JOPHN

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:56 AM
Statia

I book cars and hotels thru them all the time and have never had a problem.

One word of advice, though. Try the hotel website directly as well. I usually search Expedia first and then check the hotel's site. Sometimes I get an even better "internet rate" that way. It may also ensure your room preference. Be sure to note your confirmation number.

If I ultimately find a better rate thru Expedia, though, I book thru them and have never had a problem so far.

Good luck.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:19 AM
steve

I've used both Expedia and Travelocity and always gotten what I wanted. I think that language about not guaranteeing your room preference is standard in the hotel industry for a cut rate - you can call the hotel directly after you reserve to make sure they got your preference. Good advice about checking the hotel's website - I always check orbitz, travelocity, expedia and the hotel itself before I book, and have often found lower rates at one than the others.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:55 AM
Faina

Dana,
I've booked through Expedia requesting a non-smoking room and got what I'd asked for. My advise however: a week before arriving call the hotel directly, explain you booked through Expedia and confirm you're getting what you've paid for. Just to be on safe side