Search

Everglades Tour

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everglades Tour

Coming back from a cruise in Dec, and want to take an airboat ride, and possibly a city tour of Miami. Anyone know a tour operator that will pick us up at the port and take us on an Everglades tour? I hate to book thru the cruiseline as they are always overpriced. Also, is it easy to find transportation from Miami airport to Ft Lauderdale?
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:25 AM

This is the tour that we took and thought it was great. Not sure if they will pick you up at the port.

http://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:49 AM

I dont think anyone picks you up at the port. There are alot of good guide services but you have to get to them. Thats where the cruiseline's tours are a benefit.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 01:09 PM
jd

For transportation to our from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale airport try tri-county express. They are located at the airport outside of baggage claim. No reservation is necessary.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 05:40 PM

BigDaddy... Are you arriving at the Port of Miami or Port Everglades? If you are arriving at the Port of Miami, take the Miami tour first. I don't know of any, I live in Ft. Lauderdale.

If you are arriving at Port Everglades, take the airboat ride previously mentioned. A cab ride to Holiday Park would cost you a bundle. It's way out by U.S. 27 (25-30 miles from Port Everglades). It would be cheaper to rent a car for the day.

How many days will you be in the Miami/Ft Laud area after your cruise? Are you leaving out of MIA for your return flight?