Entertainment book worth it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2003, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're staying for 9 nights on Maui in June. I've previewed the website for the entertainment book and it doesn't appear there are too many Maui coupons in it. Has any one purchased or used it to save a few $$? If so, was it really worth it?
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:28 PM

I just received mine, and there are many more restaurants in Maui in the book than appear on the on-line preview. (It's worth the $10 just for the one use at Nick's.) I was pleasantly surprised with the other offerings.
Old May 4th, 2003, 04:11 AM

I've just returned from Maui and bought the book before leaving. I was very disappointed and used nothing from the book. I agree Nick's was offered and that was the only good one I could find. JMHO.
Old May 4th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

three hearts...if you got your book for $10, would you want to sell it for $5? I think there are some fast food coupons in there that we might use since we're staying 9 nights. I'd pay mailing cost. Let me know...not trying to be too pushy and it's TOTALLY cool if you aren't interested.
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:37 PM

Liztexas-

There are many coupons to TexMex, pizza etc.. Please don't pay me for it. I paid $35 I think for it but I'll just pop it in the mail to you with my best wishes for your upcoming trip. How do we go about doing this? Threehearts(Susan)
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:51 PM

Does anyone know if the Entertainment books are limited to just the US? I'm heading to Scotland in a few days and wish I had one for there.

~ Sheryl
Old May 4th, 2003, 04:35 PM

They are only for the US and Canada. You can check it out at www.entertainment.com . There are sites where you can get a $10 discount but I don't remember where. Most of the coupons are for Oahu, some of them very good ones. I haven't even gone yet and I've saved money with the book, just on rental car and hotel.

Old May 4th, 2003, 05:31 PM

Go to biddingfortravel.com. There is a link on the right hand side of the screen for $10 off the Entertainment book. That is how I got mine. Free shipping too. A dinner at Nick's would pay off for the book. I plan to use it at Hilo Hattie too.
Old May 4th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Susan - what a gracious thing to do! Thank you - our trip will be even better. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you my address. And I would like to send you some $$ at least to cover postage.
Liz
Old May 4th, 2003, 06:18 PM

Liz,
I have the book and am ready to send. No $ necessary. One note- When I said that I was disappointed in the book it was because I was hoping for more attractive restaurant choices. The book is still super for car and some hotel discounts. Threehearts
Old May 4th, 2003, 07:13 PM

Can the Nick's coupon be used at the Maui location? I noticed on the website it said it was for the Waikiki location. We have purchased this book in the past when we went to Maui and found it to be useful, but this year it seems that it does not have the offerings for Maui that it has in the past.
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:31 AM

I saw a mention on this site of using the Entertainment book for lodging in Hawaii. We'd planned to book at the Hilo Hawaian for a couple of nights and at Maui Hill for 7 nights. Called both places to ask what the Entertainment card rate would be. Got the Hilo Hawaian beachfront room for $76 per night, versus the lowest internet rate I could find of $106. Lowest rate I could find for Maui Hill was about $150 per night. Using Entertainment card, rate is $109. So I booked the rooms and ordered the book! Even if we don't use any of the coupons, the savings on accomodations are sure worth it!
I'd also be curious whether the Nick's in Maui is covered. Anybody?
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:49 AM

I just saved a flyer advertising that all 2003 books are 10.00
When I get home I will report with the promo code.
I plan to buy one for LA and give it to a co-worker who lives there when I am done!
Old May 6th, 2003, 07:00 AM
ceg

I believe that entertainment.com is selling all its 2003 books for $10 plus $5 for shipping. If you order a 2004 book I believe you get a discount on that book and maybe free shipping. On the website they have a preview of the discounts offered. For $15 it is probably worth while for most trips. I ended up with a good deal on a car rental already.
Old May 6th, 2003, 07:23 AM

I just bought the Entertainment Book for $10 plus $5 for shipping. I too would like to know if you can use Nicks on Maui.
Old May 6th, 2003, 07:41 AM

Go to www.entertainment.com/coupon to see if they have books remaining for the area you are looking for! Can't beat 15.00!
Old May 9th, 2003, 08:05 AM

Anybody used the coupon or card at
Nick's Fishmarket on Maui?

Anybody?

Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:15 PM

Ok, I just received my entertainment book and I was amazed by the discounts offered. If your renting a car it will more than pay for the book. It has 37 restuarant coupons for Maui, and lots of discounts for activities, Ioa Valley Nature center, scuba and dive trips, and lots of other places for snacks, ice cream, and anything else you can think of even fast food and take-out. I know I personally will save at least a $100 and thats a conservative guess.
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:23 PM

We will be in Maui 3 days and BI 5 days 2nd week of June. Are there any discounts for BI? I've been trying to decide about the E book since I started planning the trip!
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:30 AM

For BI, you can use a coupon for Fairwinds snorkel tour. It takes you out to Kealakekua (sp) bay near Captain Cook's monument and snorkel. We used the coupon 2 years ago and it is still available this year. There is a website: fairwinds.com ? Call to make appt. if you want to use the coupon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -