Emerald Isle Questions

Jul 11th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Emerald Isle Questions

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a pretty specific question I have about a location in Emerald Isle. I am planning on renting a beach house in Emerald Isle in the beginning of September, near Ocean View Drive. My friend was concerned that based on aerial photographs its location appears to be near a trailer park. I dont want to come off as a jerk, but some trailer parks are nice and some just arent places you want to vacation near. The section I am asking about extends from Lamrock drive to Eastview Drive and contains two motels, the Oceanview Inn and the Bogue Inlet Motel. I am wondering what exactly is this area and is it in fact a nice family oriented section, or is this something that should concern me. I would really appreciate any information anyone has on this topic.
Thanks In Advance
Rich
Jul 11th, 2007, 06:06 AM
GoTravel

Trailer parks at the beach are usually filled with criminals and such. Run far away.

Seriously, most trailer parks at the beach are people who own them as second, third, or fourth vacation homes.

Jul 11th, 2007, 08:26 AM

Trailer houses at the beach are often for those who prefer fishing and are not of great wealth. A certain amount of summer help for restaurants rent trailers. You would be better off renting a motel room.
Jul 11th, 2007, 09:52 AM

Rich,

We vacation in Emerald Isle every summer, and I know where the Bogue Inlet Motel is, and around that area wouldn't be my first choice for a rental. I can't put my finger on your specific location, though. If you e-mail me directly with the aerial photo, I can probably offer more advice. E-mail to [email protected].
Jul 12th, 2007, 07:06 PM

Well, I live here and can tell you its not just the trailer parks, but you also need to consider those motels and the nearby fishing pier & restaurant at that location!

That section of EI is one of the mostly densely populated and paved. It speaks little of the character of the area.

Please, look elsewhere on EI!