Search

Emerald Isle !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emerald Isle !!!!!

a friend recently suggested EI as a vacation spot. I like to go to the beach areas in Sept. after school begins. I like quiet, clean beaches similar to OBX corolla area. Can anyone tell me what EI is like? Also restaurant and accomodation suggestions.
thanks!
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 11:42 AM

er--uh, which Emerald Isle are you talking about? At first, I took for granted that you meant Ireland, but then I realized that you might mean somewhere in the USA.
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

sorry...when i posted it was under North Carolina. didn't realize that didn't show up in the posy
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 04:36 PM

I live very close to Emerald Isle. It is very quiet in September. The crowds will definitely be gone. It is still fairly warm though. Much of EI could be described as "older" but still very relaxing.

Restaurants are changing regularly. There are the stand by's like Rucker John's and Tortuga's. Some newer ones opened recently like Celloe's and Kat's Martini Bar and Bistro. You can also venture into Swansboro (3 miles) to The Gourmet Cafe or The White Oak Bistro. There are several "hole in the wall" places for breakfast. The area doesn't offer a lot of inovative dining experiences. If you are just looking for a decent meal, you will have no problem!

Old Jul 13th, 2006, 01:27 PM

Nice during that time of year but not many hotels in Emeral Isle. Would need to rent a house. That is mostly what the beach is are homes. Not sure how old you are but one or two beach bars. Nice to go to dinner over in Beaufort about 25 minutes away. No fast food chain joints at that end of the island but a good pizza place, El Zarripe mexican for faster food. Nice little theater that shows 4 first run movies.