Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites in Maui???

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 1998, 08:01 PM
Krista

How are the Embassy Suites in Maui? Has anyone stayed there? I am about to make reservations for my honeymoon in late September/early October.
Any response would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Old May 29th, 1998, 06:31 PM
Annemarie

I saw the Embassy Suites from a distance and they looked quite nice. From the brochures the interior looked terrific. I heard though the beach is not very terrific there and it is not on a strip of comparable properties. You might want to look into Wailea as an area. There you have one hotel after another, all classy, a walkway connecting them with terrific scenery and restaurants in each. Look into the Four Seasons or the Kea Lani(we stayed here- gorgeous). Feel free to contact if any more questions. Oh yea, you could divide up your time between Kapalua and Wailea. Kapalua is north of Kanaapali and very classy . Westayed at the Ritz Carlton, the Kapalua Bay is also nice.

Old May 29th, 1998, 06:38 PM
Annemarie

Restaurants-the one a the Kapalua bay Resort plaza is simple but has good food. The outdoor one overlooking the beach has good lunch food. Go th the little store outside the front of the Ritz Carlton, simple and good lunch food. The Hyatt is supposed to be great. Ritz was too pricey for us but looked classy and so did the Kapalua one- both of these places have buffets.Marriott buffet didn't look that great.Kanapaali has a few overlooking the ocean, fine too.

Old May 30th, 1998, 11:15 AM
dawn elmore

just stayed at embassy nice hotel breakfast great
happy hour was not very "happening"
a Car is necessary
If you have time pack a lunch and find big beach
public beach which is beautiful about 45 minute drive

ask for room overlooking poolside with water view
beach is not great for swimming but great beach with in walking distance.... try to eat at pacifico's
right on the water...
congrats and have fun

Old May 30th, 1998, 11:16 AM
dawn elmore

just stayed at embassy nice hotel breakfast great
happy hour was not very "happening"
a Car is necessary
If you have time pack a lunch and find big beach
public beach which is beautiful about 45 minute drive

ask for room overlooking poolside with water view
beach is not great for swimming but great beach with in walking distance.... try to eat at pacifico's
right on the water...
congrats and have fun

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 09:02 AM
sgorces

Embassy Suites was great for a family, the two rooms were wonderful. However, if it were just the two of us, I would probably choose to stay elsewhere because you can move upscale for a similar price without the two rooms. I didn't feel Embassy Suites qualified as luxury. The breakfast is very convenient and decent buffet quality, but always the same. The afternoon open bar manager's party should definitely be skipped. The restaurant is so-so. The beach is mediocre. For what we paid for a suite, you could come close to the Grand Wialea, which is breathtaking, or you could stay at the Sheraton or Marriott for the same price. By the way, have dessert at Roy's Kahana Bar & Grill. The baked souffle is "romance in chocolate." Have a great trip!

Old Jul 18th, 1998, 07:21 PM
Dave & Caprice

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

My husband and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Maui. Although a nice place, cool birds on display, and breakfast each morning, not a place I would recommend for a honeymoon. For my tastes, it was too busy for that kind of event...and too many children (= lots of noise).

We never did go to the beach there...just stayed by the pool or went elsewhere to swim/snorkle.

Some people have mentioned Kapulua to you. There is a wonderful Seafood Buffet up there (I think Friday nights). Open, airy, beautiful sunsets. Another place, where one of my friends got married, is Pineapple Hill. I have not been there, but the photos looked great and she raved about the food.

My friend always stays at the Royal Lahaina. I have also stayed at condos there. I think some of the hotels near Wailea/Makena will be more expensive but very ritzy. Depends on what you want to spend.

I have also stayed in Hana. The most peaceful part of the island for me...not sure what your honeymoon tastes are (laid back vs in the middle of activity), but Hana has a very exclusive hotel too.

Good luck...let me know if you would like other thoughts on Maui (what to see, do kind of stuff).