Search

El Dorado Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:18 PM
Elaine

El Dorado Hotel

My husband and I have reservations for the El Dorado at the end of May. How is it, and do you have alternate suggestions? Many thanks

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Dick

Elaine,

Which El Dorado Hotel???? Reno????????

Dick

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:38 AM
xx

Elaine, Where is the El Dorado? We promise to help you if you tell us.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:04 AM
xx

Ok just to narrow this down I tried Nevada in the search and this didn't come up and then I tried CA and it did. So Elaine is asking about the El Dorado in CA. Is this the El Dorado in the wine country?

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:06 AM
plummie

There's also an El Dorado in Santa Fe.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Susan

I think Elaine is asking about the El Dorado Hotel in Sonoma. I haven't stayed there, sorry, but I do remember someone mentioning it here recently.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:11 AM
xxx

this IS the W(orld) W(ide) W(eb) ..... could be anywhere

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:17 AM
xx

Actually Elaine went to the trouble of selecting CALIFORNIA in the area of interest section so we've narrowed down that the El Dorado that she is interested in is in CA. Now if Elaine would come back and tell us if it is the one in Sonoma we'd be able to help her. ELLLLAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEE

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Tom

xx (as opposed to xxx),

How can you tell that Elaine selected California in the "area of interest" section. Where do you see that?

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:58 AM
kam

If it's the El Dorado Hotel in Sonoma, we stayed there about 3 years ago. It's very old and historic, small rooms and no a/c at the time. Check and see if that's been changed. The Girl and the Fig is the restaurant at the hotel and it's excellent. Beautiful patio.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:01 AM
xx

Tom:

When you submit a new post you must pick a topic from the list. Mostly it's a state but you can pick general interest. Elaine picked California. So I go to the search subject at the top of this page and checked by state. First I checked Nevada and her post did not come up then I picked California and there it was. Try it out.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:02 AM
kam

Oh....terribly sorry. On my first cup of coffee this morning. I'm confusing the El Dorado and the Sonoma Hotel. El Dorado was much more upscale and I think it does have a/c. The El Dorado is the one with Piatti as a restaurant. They're just across from each other. Another suggestion would be MacArthur Place.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Suzie

Kam, is the El Dorado the hotel right on the corner of the Spain Street right on the square? If so it's in a great location.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:09 AM
lorraine

I hope Elaine was speaking about the El Dorado in Sonoma. Its beautiful and right on the main square. I spent a day in Sonoma and stopped in to see the El Dorado. I am jealous!!

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 10:30 AM
xx

ttt. still waiting for Elaine,

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Elaine

Thanks to all, so sorry to not clarify more. It is the El Dorado in Sonoma the one on the Plaza with the Piatti restaurant. Thanks