Easter brunch in DC

Apr 3rd, 2000, 12:10 PM
Jenny

Easter brunch in DC

My parents are coming into town for Easter weekend and I can't seem to find a place that has brunch AND offers pancakes!!
Any suggestions?? Also, any ideas as to what to do Easter weekend, I know that it is Earth Day on that Saturday on the Mall...thanks!!!

Apr 3rd, 2000, 01:40 PM
Jon

Try Tabard Inn or the Morrison & Clark. Both have great brunches.

Apr 3rd, 2000, 01:56 PM
kam

A long time ago there was a restaurant called the Evans Farm Inn over in Virginia. Would be perfect if it still exists. I'd be interested to find out.

Apr 3rd, 2000, 07:13 PM
edie

one year when i was in college my parents came to DC for easter, and we went to a brunch at one of the big hotels right downtown by the white house, i want to say it was the ritz carlton, definitely not the mayflower, it was one of the chains...it was a really nice brunch however.

Apr 4th, 2000, 07:47 AM
Christina

Washingtonian magazine just recently did an article on DC brunch places, it will tell you everything you need to know: www.washingtonian.com/dining/brunch.html

Your best bet is Music City Roadhouse in Georgetown (yes, serves regular Sun brunch), they have pancakes, a reasonable price and great menu. Pancakes are rarely served at these things, no good pre-prepared and lukewarm is probably why. Tabard Inn sometimes has them but not always, and a few places outside DC would do (ie, Carlyle Grand Cafe in Shirlington), but you can read the article to find out details. As for what to do, well, if you live here you know there is always tons to do in DC, one reason I love living here -- just get the Friday Wash Post Calendar section and choose with your parents from the many things listed(museums, concerts, etc).

Apr 4th, 2000, 09:12 AM
ann

Kam,
Unfortunately, Evans Farm Inn closed at the beginning of this year - they're tearing it down for a housing development. It was a great place, and it's going to be missed!

Apr 4th, 2000, 12:15 PM
kam

Ann: What sad news! Thanks for letting me know.

Apr 4th, 2000, 01:16 PM
Neal Sanders

Jenny, the Washingtonian web site on brunches that Christina gave you appears to be encyclopedic, and for the restaurants with which I'm familiar, reasonably accurate. My favorite, though pancakes are definitely not on the menu, is the Sunday brunch at the Ritz Carlton - Pentagon City.

As to things to do in Washington, remarkably, everything is open Easter Sunday. The museums and galleries on the Mall are closed only two days a year, and Easter Sunday isn't one of them!

Go, dine, enjoy... and make your reservations very early.