Durango Mountain Resort

Search

Durango Mountain Resort

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Durango Mountain Resort

I am getting ready (I think) to book a week in July at the Durango Mountain Resort. We are curious about dining choices, reviews of other activities offered at the resort and Antlers II condo.Thanks!
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM

The resort is about a 30 minute drive from the town of Durango. I don't know what kind of activities they have at the resort or condo, but aside from chair lifts running and alpine slide, I don't think there are all that many things to do right there.

There are lots of things to do in town and in the area [ Mesa Verde NP is a must].

I have a home near there and have lots of comments on here re: Durango and places to eat.

I will top some for you. Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Deb
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 07:43 PM

opps, just realized that I have already replied to an earlier thread of your offering similar insites.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Deb,
I would appreciate any and all Durango and surrounding area information. I did go for the resort condo so we would have the pool, mini golf etc. I will be traveling with 5 young adults who will want an active vacation. One thing I was wondering about was renting a boat for a day of picnic/skiing etc. I am trying to think of some fun things to do on the days where we are not rafting/Mesa/jeep tour etc that will not be as expensive as the rafting/jeep tour type activities. Would you have any suggestions? I was loving the zipline info till I got to the PRICE. Way out of our price range! Thanks in advance!!
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:19 PM

We have rented pontoon boats at Vallecito lake twice, both times the weather was stormy ( but the lake is nice. I don't think they have waterskiing. We rent from this marina:
http://www.docsmarina.com/

Let me think of some others for you.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:22 PM

http://www.trimblehotsprings.com/ you can go for the day, nice hot springs, they have concerts sometimes, nice place to picnic.

http://www.durango.org/ for more ideas