Reload this Page >

Durango, Moab, Zion NP hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 05:08 PM
Paul

I buying my parents a driving vacation for their 50th Anniversary. I would like to get them accomocations in these areas so they can do day trips in these areas. Please tell me of great or bad experiences in Durango, CO--Moab, UT--Zion/Bryce National Parks, UT. I would prefer a large lodge type hotel but welcome all suggestions.
Paul

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 05:47 PM
Paul

'

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 04:23 AM
Jim

Do NOT stay in the Day's Inn. We don't usually stay in Days' Inns but this one was recommended to us. We were VERY disappointed. It is nothing special, and the staff was very aloof - and borderline rude. Not at all accomodating or helpful, and showed NO compassion for a woman before us who needed out of her reservation due to a death in her family.

I know you're probably looking for something much nicer for your parents, but for everyone else - beware!!!

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 04:24 AM
Jim

Post script - that's Days Inn, MOAB.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 08:28 AM
amy

DEFINITELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY
book the Zion Lodge. We just got back
and it is incredible. Might want to
also book the Far View Lodge in Mesa
Verde instead of Durango. Mesa Verde is also incredible and about 30 minutes outside durango. Zion is alot nicer but both are rustic and Mesa Verde
lodge has an incredible view. Both
are in the national parks and are run
by a government contract service -
I think it is called AMFAC. Check the park web sites.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 09:23 AM
Alli

Never stayed here, but actually just found through a search engine, check out the website, it looks fab!

[email protected]

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 07:08 PM
Paul

Thanks for the info. What about good places to stay in or around Moab? Addtionally, what would you recommend for my 70 year old parents to do and see in Arches NP and Capital Reef NP?
Thanks!

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 04:53 PM
robertog

I would definitely send them to Mesa Verde. The history and the scenery are great!

Old Jul 1st, 2000, 06:01 AM
Paul

Still need some good recommendations, especially for the Moab, Arches NP area. Thanks.

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 06:27 PM
Jeff

I would skip Canyonlands Park. Not much to see there except the same old cool looking rocks, like most of southern Utah.